Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After exiting the motorway tonight, I noticed as I pulled away from the junction that there was no familiar surge of turbo boost. After a few more junctions and some walking pace stop-start traffic, a warning message popped up on the driver's display: "Brake system service required". On the next brake application, the pedal went solid - thankfully the slow pace of traffic meant that I was able to stop the car without too much of an issue.
IMG-20190429-WA0003_1556575376707.jpg
I checked under the bonnet and found that a pipe at the back of the (d5204t4) engine had broken (see photo).
IMG-20190429-WA0001_1556575340943.jpg
Closer examination showed that the connector of the circular (valve?) part had broken and was still lodged in the short length of pipe. With a little assistance, I found that holding the 2 ends of the pipe together resulted in the brake pedal behaving more normally. A temporary repair was made to get the car the short distance home.

I've checked VIDA and I cannot find the post number for the short length of pipe not the circular part. Does anybody know what these parts are (I suspect it is part of a vacuum system?) and what the part numbers are?

Car is a 2013 D4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - fixed now. New part from Volvo £67.20 - fitted at home in 15 minutes :) Brakes and turbo back to normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I've got the same issue but my part just looks split rather than exploded like yours. What part was needed and how easy to fix?

P_20200213_110153.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update : This hose/pipe section was replaced and everything back to normal. But I'd say those tiny plastic pipes could snap for anyone at anytime.
Once you or your garage has the part it can be quickly replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts