Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two hours after starting, they finally on

Cleaned all old gum off then had a half hour plate debate over height of front plate.

Sorry to get all anal but that's just me...

After removing front plate, I found the two studs to be below centre of the plate, meaning the dealer had fitted slightly higher than Volvo intended. I then had a good head scratch and think they did this to avoid obscuring the entry to the inter cooler below the plate. After a lot of deliberating I mounted it about 5mm higher than them, meaning there is a pure straight run of air to the angle at the top side of the intercooler intake. Doesn't look out of place but positioned in persuit of power over all else. Yes marginal I accept; but a good inch lower (centered about studs) would have significantly reduced air flow to intercooler.

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Very witty :)

I still have the original 23 y/o plates, style was ok back then and I have run same format since (you can't see spacing), not my fault if they keep changing their minds on format

Know what you mean though bud - I'm hoping my model looks near enough to a postcode ha ha which I take it is what you mean?

TBH have always found them fair; in the few times I've been stopped it's never been mentioned as plate is clear, legible and laid out as original. But I know it only takes wrong person on wrong day

Reactions: denn1s

·
Registered
945 Posts
The letters should not be raised, no border or name at the bottom (other than the manufacturer) from recollection. To be fare unless you drive like a Pratt and draw attention to yourself/give them a reason to pul you you should be fine.

I drop for 9 months without a plate on the front of the rainbow coloured lotus without any issue, I then stuck a personalised plate on, legal font but miss-spaced and got pulled within a couple of months. I am now fully legal----ish ;0)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the height I settled with.

Interested on others viewpoint on plate height and pics of different fitting heights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.