Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi V40 Club

My battery went flat due to the Corona lockdown, my car was sitting idle for weeks, I got a message on the display that said some of the electricals mainly the media system will be turned off due to to the low battery. I have since replaced the battery but the media infotainment still won't turn on, the aircon and fan dials all still work properly. Is there some fault code I need to have reset by computer or is there a different problem?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hold the power button down on your media system for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is it possible to drive it a bit (I know it would be boring without music or Sat Nav) for 30 mins or so or at least 20km to charge up the secondary battery as well? I wonder whether when the battery was changed something needed to be done to the unit (Amp?) under the front passenger seat?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you need to reset the BMS after replacing the battery. Try the following:

For a reset of the BMS:
1. Switch on ignition (do not start engine)
2. Switch on dipped beam
3. Press 5x the rear fog light button (do not switch 5x on and off the rear fog light)
4. Press 3x hazard lights button (do not switch 3x on and off hazard lights)
5. Then the battery symbol in the speedometer should flash 3x quickly.

This was copied for this post by member chiptivo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you need to reset the BMS after replacing the battery. Try the following:

For a reset of the BMS:
1. Switch on ignition (do not start engine)
2. Switch on dipped beam
3. Press 5x the rear fog light button (do not switch 5x on and off the rear fog light)
4. Press 3x hazard lights button (do not switch 3x on and off hazard lights)
5. Then the battery symbol in the speedometer should flash 3x quickly.

This was copied for this post by member chiptivo
Hi guys

I tried this and still no response from the infotainment system. I will have to get a scanner and see what the issue is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. Did you successfully complete the sequence? The battery symbol on dashboard will flash x3 if successful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sorry to hear that. Did you successfully complete the sequence? The battery symbol on dashboard will flash x3 if successful.
Yes I did see the battery symbol flash, I followed these instructions here but still no response on the infotainment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts