Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got maybe an unusual one here but hoping someone may have some input or advice to help

My 2014 V40 has an inbuilt TV tumer and DVD player, when I tried to use the TV yesterday I found that it would not work - e.g. when scrolling through the media options, Disc, Bluetooth, USB etc when selecting the TV option it simply would not allow me to select the option.

This led on to further complications as when I then went back to listening to the radio, the actual media button on the floating panel stopped working totally, not allowing me to switch between radio and CD player.

Have managed to get around this by switching off the unit totally then switching it back on which allows me to access the media option via a back door menu, this then allows me to switch between radio and media fine until I try to access the TV option again, and the media button stops working again etc, also upon start up the screen takes longer than normal to appear, maybe a few seconds extra.

I don't think its a screen issue as the climate control settings don't disappear and remain illustrated perfectly at the bottom of the screen.

have located the fuses for the TV unit and media control under the drivers seat, found no damage but changed as a precaution and this didn't help at all.

I know the TV isn't a main day to day issue its just that its causing follow on issues and a real pain tbh - odd one but any experience here or advice would be welcome - thanks all

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you can just change the head unit. The problem is in it, but its repair would cost you much. So it would be much more advantageous to buy a new one, but I suggest you not buying the original Volvo double din head unit because it costs very much, but functionality does not differ from other head unit brands. Just read a few Best double din stereo reviews and choose the one you like the most and which corresponds to your needs. For example, for me, Apple Carplay was important, because I use the iPhone and my wife uses it too. So it is much more comfortable yo use it with CarPlay. I hope I could help you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When pressing the media button do you then get the option to scroll between the inputs, radio,cd,usb,I pod and so on ? Using the thumb wheel,

·
Registered
800 Posts
Built in TV tuner !!
Is it a Volvo unit ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts