Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i was wondering if anybody here experienced any metal clunking/knocking noise from the rear end of the car over uneven roads?

initially i thought it was the spare wheel compartment, but turns out not to be.

also thought it could be the exhaust hitting the undercarriage, but mechanic said that everything is fitted properly.

volvo couldnt find the source as well.

i suspect its coming from the back seats (centre seat back area)

give it a nice punch to back area of the seat and a similar sound is reproduced.

any idea?

driving me NUTS :mad:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Not heard this one yet. My 2 Volvo's have always been making noises in the front/engine bay if there was a problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently getting same issue with mine, service due in next couple of weeks, was going to get it looked at. Mine also sounds like exhaust hitting the floor
I'm glad I'm not alone in this, although I feel bad for you, I really do because this has been bugging me day in day out :mad:

Let me know how it goes for you after your service and hopefully there's a solution for this. No luck for me so far!

Wish I could just request for a seat replacement just to see if it's the culprit

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally found out the problem! after many trial and error..

it was the boot gas struts that supports the tail gate! there was a gap that allows freeplay and the service assistant did some adjustments to it.

earlier today, removed both struts and took it for a test drive. surprise surpise no sound at all.

no sound at all now after the adjustments to the struts! :D

hope this will help you iainm

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
w3009c, glad you found the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.