Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Iv got a mirror dash cam all wired through rear camera fitted but need to no which wire to rear light wire to I splice into to power it up .On my last car you just clipped it into reverse light wire and once you engaged reverse came on can see all wires going to back light but haven't clue which is reverse wire to cluster.Hope someone has idea as good bit of kit when working my car is 2015 model

·
Registered
144 Posts
I will be tapping into the reverse wire soon, also for a reversing camera.
Will let you know once I figure it out. But I might take it from the central electronic module (CEM).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Iv got a mirror dash cam all wired through rear camera fitted but need to no which wire to rear light wire to I splice into to power it up .On my last car you just clipped it into reverse light wire and once you engaged reverse came on can see all wires going to back light but haven't clue which is reverse wire to cluster.Hope someone has idea as good bit of kit when working my car is 2015 model
Follow it back from the Bulb cluster, if you have it in reverse and ignition on find the reverse bulb and find the wire that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi how are getting on with the mirror camera ? do you have any pictures of what it looks like?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi John, i have not yet gotten a a mirror reverse and dash cam yet but if i did i would get a 10" Tourgard off eBay around £99 however i would take advice if you get the WiFi version as it may interfere with you Camera system on the Windscreen (allegedly)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Rick i will have a look at them
No Problem John, what i was thinking of doing was mounting the rear view Camera inside next to the Rear Wiper fixing, (the Tourguard i think comes with Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity to the rear camera) as that way you get a Power source and keep the camera clean also harder to steal otherwise you can fix it to the Number plate, i live in a Rural area so out in the rain and the back end gets covered in Mud and dirt, let me know how you get on and good luck with it.
Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, which one did you get

1 - 10 of 10 Posts