Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock (via software) the option to tilt the door mirrors when selecting reverse gear?

My Astra had loads of options that were just not activated but could easily be activated by computer after purchase by anyone who had the software.
OldCroc

·
Registered
273 Posts
@OldCroc...it's interesting that you should ask this as I am constantly tilting mine...an interesting prospect given so much is computer controlled! Quite why tilting mirrors are linked to memory seats is a mystery anyway!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Mmm, tricky one, I don;t know if I want my mirrors to tilt the whole when I select reverse. It is like some features in Windows or Office, there to make certain functions easier, but also irritates the crap out of you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
tilting

you can switch it off in my car then if you hold the mirror selector left or right for 3 seconds only that mirror will tilt no need to select reverse at all then once you have disabled it redo memory and make sure you key is in its slot and it will over write the memory in the key as well ( that's if you have keyless entry )

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I am really after is whether or not this kind of function can be "switched on" by VIDE software or whether that stuff is just for diagnostics.

Toolmantim - I have the el-cheapo version not keyless!

·
Registered
945 Posts
From my experience they do not tilt the mirrors enough to show you the wheels (which is why you would want to do this (prevent kerbing) so you may as well jut do it manually and moved it just the right amount rather than making do with what the car thinks is right

·
Registered
227 Posts
mirrors

From my experience they do not tilt the mirrors enough to show you the wheels (which is why you would want to do this (prevent kerbing) so you may as well jut do it manually and moved it just the right amount rather than making do with what the car thinks is right
Well mine are perfect and if you are over 80 years old would be great.
I have already parked the car and they are still moving dam they are slow

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Look, some technology is cool, but by the time you use it, I have done it manually already and much quicker.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to have an Acura TL and it used to tilt the mirrors automatically when parking. I loved this feature and I can't believe I can't do this on the Volvo V40. I don't have electric seats, so this feature is not available because of it.... but then I have this useless start/stop feature.....

Anyway, if there is some kind of hack to program this feature, I would love to know about it. :) Otherwise, this is one thing that I don't like about Volvo so far, and I think it is very useful.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a setting in the Car Settings menu called "Tilt Mirror When Reversing" or something.

I have it switched off, so it doesn't tilt automatically when reversing, but if I press the mirror select button on the door when in reverse, that mirror quickly points itself downwards.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a setting in the Car Settings menu called "Tilt Mirror When Reversing" or something.

I have it switched off, so it doesn't tilt automatically when reversing, but if I press the mirror select button on the door when in reverse, that mirror quickly points itself downwards.
But you probably have electric seats to be able to do this

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The mirrors must have the appropriate motors to do this so it must just be a software function. One day someone will come up with a hack for it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well mine are perfect and if you are over 80 years old would be great.
I have already parked the car and they are still moving dam they are slow
I find them slow,too
I was used to tilt the mirrors in my corsa and it was done really quickly
I am really loving my Volvo but I wish I could find an alternative to this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.