Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a V40 D2 R Design 5 mths old and 5000 miles, have experienced a misfire several times recently from cold start. Exhaust smoke etc. goes away after few mins. Any ideas anyone.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Straight back to the dealer before something serious happens. Plenty of warranty time left.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I sometimes get a lumpy idle straight after starting but a couple of throttle blips and it disappears. Does your misfire carry on during driving?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further info on D2 misfire, into dealers today and misfire is a known Volvo fault !! And required a software upgrade etc. so if you have experienced a couple of misfires take it into dealers. 4 hours later car runs smoother and far better MPG. Just to refresh, my car only suffered from 3 separate misfires lasting less than a min over a 3 week period. The garage stated never known it happen, but soon as on diagnostic up came volvo saying known fault.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cheers for the heads up. Car is in on Thursday for the door lock and driver seat creak so will mention it then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for posting this - I've had a few instances of the same thing happening over the last few weeks. This is my first car so wasn't sure if it was a "misfire" I was having or something else, just that it was a sort of juddering fluctuation in the revs when first starting the car and moving in low gears.

Hoping my dealership gets back to me (after ignoring my last email, grrr) so I can call in for the software update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.