Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second attempt at getting some feedback after my first thread received a whopping zero answers (perhaps because it was ineptly titled):

Does anybody have an idea what are the changes for Model Year 14.5 compared to MY14? :huh:

·
Registered
225 Posts
For a start I'm not aware of a MY14.5 update even existing for the V40. I'm not sure what the various markets are calling the introduction of the new Drive-E engines (the new D4 and T5 with 8 speed auto) in relation to the V40. For example in the US with the introduction of the Drive-E engines for the 60 series Volvos, they are officially calling them MY15 models. Here in Australia the new Drive-E engines will not be introduced to the V40 until later this year as (I assuming) a MY15 model.

The two changes I am aware of that is coming to all Volvo models (except the XC90) from mid-year production is an upgraded version of Sensus with extended features (depending upon the various markets). Also coming is an upgrade to the Volvo Premium sound system with what Volvo are calling "next generation" Harman Kardon speakers etc.

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
introduction of the VEA engines from KW20....

The new D4 for example is a 4 cylinder twin turbo diesel
pushing 190bhp and 400nm torque. an a second quicker to 60 over the 5 pot

but the 5 pot sounds awesome.....:blush:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New engines are announced for May here in the UK. I guess that would count as MY14.5. With Sensus changes, I guess that's it.

The new engines should be awesome, if press releases are too be believed. I'm already looking forward to my next Volvo - in a couple of years, we will know if they are any good.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
24 Posts
Today I picked up my V40 R-Design and I have "interior additional lights" with 7 colours. In pricelist (in my country) it cost about 150 pounds. Now is standard in R-Design, i think...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My 2013 model already has the 7 different interior lights

·
Registered
227 Posts
globes

My 2013 model already has the 7 different interior lights
my r design also std with light pack .
just a small update

1: interior lights roof level all led
2: floor light normal globes but changed by me to led
3: door panel lights normal globes changed by me to led
4: cubby hole light normal globes changed by me to led
5: vanity lights normal globes waiting for ultra short led , std led replacement to long
6: gear lever is lit
7: boot globes led already
8: high beam light changed to HID 6400 LUM

·
Registered
945 Posts
my r design also std with light pack .
just a small update

1: interior lights roof level all led
2: floor light normal globes but changed by me to led
3: door panel lights normal globes changed by me to led
4: cubby hole light normal globes changed by me to led
5: vanity lights normal globes waiting for ultra short led , std led replacement to long
6: gear lever is lit
7: boot globes led already
8: high beam light changed to HID 6400 LUM
I have been meaning to change the colour of my footwell and door pocket lights n my my13 r-design, how about a how to guide please ;0)

·
Registered
273 Posts
all these light changes are nice, there is a separate post about the R-Design interior lights but...why are the wing mirror "down-lighters" old school bulbs and not shiny white LED lights like those in the boot lid? Only Volvo know?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you know if the Sensus software can be upgraded on existing cars (like how you can upgrade the satnav maps at the moment)?

Ta
From information posted in the Swedespeed forums (and off-hand I not sure which sub-forum I saw it in), it is a totally new Sensus system which cannot be upgraded from existing versions.

Tony

·
Registered
227 Posts
re removing pocket lights

I have been meaning to change the colour of my footwell and door pocket lights n my my13 r-design, how about a how to guide please ;0)
Hi sorry for the delay been very busy I will take a few pictures and post for you its very easy

Reactions: Dracones

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi sorry for the delay been very busy I will take a few pictures and post for you its very easy
Hi Toolman - any more on this? I have managed to prise off the glass/plastic cover from the passenger footwell light and it appears that there is already an LED in there but it is white. I would like to change to red. Problem is I cannot get the cover back on! Looks like the black plastic panel needs removing but I cant see how. Any help will be appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.