Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright chaps

This is my v40 T4 with every option apart from parking sensors & pan roof

It's a good old 1.6t producing a healthy 236bhp and 232ftlbs. How you ask?
Bespoke TIV map
Prototype Miltek downpipes and exhaust
Prototype forge FMIC
Prototype induction

Currently awaiting on custom Gaz coilovers to be made :)

Other bits such grey/bronze wheels, braided brake lines, wind deflectors, yellow DRL, debadged and pressed plates

Pictures show car without the exhaust

Any questions hit me up!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo v40 Hatchback

·
Registered
155 Posts
Impressive. Yellow DRLs, is that legal? Any pictures?

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Impressive. Yellow DRLs, is that legal? Any pictures?

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock
Well, I've had no issues so far, I believe they are legal as you are allowed to have any form of white or yellow light by law to the front of your vehicle. I shall get a picture for you buddy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok. :) the ft lbs indeed goes back to 315nm or so....
The tune on mine is slightly different where I have 200bhp and 345nm
I like torque more then bhp ;)
For me it's only a software remap that has been done...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep... Low rpm (2600 rpm I believe) availability of approx 345nm torque..
And 200bhp in the high rpm while still providing around 300nm

·
Registered
630 Posts
Haha, not thought of that, lucky mines a 63
I avoided having an unlucky 13 number by getting my dealer to arrange for the (bog-standard non-personalised) registration number of my previous car to be transferred to my latest car. All I had to do was pay my dealer the £80 fee for DVLA to allocate a new number for my old car plus £25 for new plates for my old car. It also means that I don't have to remember a new number in "pay and display" car parks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep... Low rpm (2600 rpm I believe) availability of approx 345nm torque..
And 200bhp in the high rpm while still providing around 300nm

Those are aome lovely figures! I have the full 315nm from 2800 until the red line which is fantastic :) this map is in development and the car ah dinky done 3000 miles so more to come hopefully!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I assume that they have all the legally required markings, namely .....

"the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d); the name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier; and the name and postcode of the supplying outlet." http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu...n/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_067666.pdf

Yes they so buddy. A number plate warehouse is located on my industrial estate and they come fully marked and you have to produce your insurance and V5 to have them made :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't want unlucky 13 on my number plates! :)
The car had been quite unlucky to start with as both front and rear bumpers paint had started to come away from the bumpers, Volvo sent some fresh bumpers from Sweden apparently prep'd different so this would not happen again. The passenger side front shock collapsed but apart from that it's been great! It now has a private plate on and nothing has gone wrong!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.