Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't bother with the winter accessory pack, but found the spray from wet roads obscured the rear window. I fitted a set of mud flaps, purchased as a stand alone accessory, which significantly reduced the problem.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a look here. I know it says Russia. They are available in the UK, so I guess they are also available in Norway.
Easy to fit, but you do need to remove the rear wheel to get to the fixings.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/AccessoriesWeb/Accessories.mvc/en-GB/RU/V40%2813-%29/2013/D4/Automatic/L.H.D/ShowDocument/VCC-446258

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the tip; I'm going to have them installed tomorrow. The price in Finland was 172 euros for both front and rear flaps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
PeterDryden said:
Apparently not available for the R-Design?
In Norway they are available for the R-Design! I have spec them to my R and they did not say that they can not be fitted!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone got pics to post of mud flaps fitted to an R Design?

I would like to see how they look / affect the look!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cadds8 said:
Has anyone got pics to post of mud flaps fitted to an R Design?

I would like to see how they look / affect the look!

They are really tiny they do not alter the looks of the car at all. However I will fit only the front ones since I think these are the most important for the snow in Norway.... you can have a view on them if you go to the car configuration (Bygg din Volvo). I hope that this will help you....

·
Registered
10 Posts
kidu said:
Pictures pls :)
Kidu for pics you have to wait until 20th of May. This is the latest news that I have from the Volvo dealer in Kristiansand. Have a check on the English Volvo site they show photos of Summum with mud flaps or check the Norwegian site of Volvo where you can configure your car.... it is easy and simple!

front mud flap:

http://www.volvocars.com/imageweb/834b1569-dfad-4666-a336-e89197de716e.jpg

rear mud flap:

http://www.volvocars.com/imageweb/c15b682c-b6fa-4eaa-9d00-e1e2d83f7721.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
kidu said:
If the mudflaps looks like that, its ok, I will visit the dealer to ser what they cost.
1048 NOK is the total cost for the front ones fitted to the car, as I have spec them for my V40 R-design (Kristiansand Volvo dealer). I hope that they will keep my white colored car clean....especially during the snowy winter :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been told by dealer that mudflaps not available for R Design. Seems like a bit of confusion as others on here say fitted to R Design ???? Help anyone got pics of R Design with them fitted ? Please . Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have just had the same conversation with my dealer. He believes that if it is a standard r design (no external styling kit), then the rear flaps will fit as the panelling is the same. If there is a styling kit then the extra additions make it impossible. I also think that this makes sense. Just in the process now of getting a good deal :)

V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any pics?
I cannot find any "real" photos on the Internet that covers entire body with mud flaps other than small close up photos included in the accessory catalog.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have now fitted `normal` mudflaps to my R-design, front and rear, the dealer told me the rears were not suitable with bodykit. I can safely say mine fit fine.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Not a fan, and don't worry re rear mist, you have a wiper after all

I do however worry a little about chipping I've the sills from the front wheels but will just get them blown in every couple of years instead and retain the sleek/sharp line

But each to there own, who knows once I have seen a picture of a real car I may change my mind

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
29 Participants
Brigstowe
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing