Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm still not an owner until 1st March :sleepy:

However, was wondering if the connection from my Android (HTC) phone will show song data etc on the TFT screen? I'm guessing not by Bluetooth but through the USB connection?

Any experience of this...? Or does everyone have an Iphone :p

Many thanks

Tim

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have only played once a song via BT, and if I remember correctly, it showed all the song info, same as USB

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Chosen V40.

Did a little experiment with my Xperia Z. Bluetooth shows the song info etc. but through USB I get zilch. Even the phone won't connect.

I have a permanently stationed MP3 player that's quite old but performs flawlessly with the USB connection. They're cheap to buy on Ebay if you look around.

One downside I have come across is when using phone Satnav. The sound from Navigator or whichever app you use comes over the car speakers wonderfully. Only problem is that the Walkman player on the Sony also comes on automatically and although the sound decreases when Mrs Satnav speaks, it is still an annoyance. It's less easy to change albums etc. for some reason and even though I switch the player off it can randomly start, sometimes after the engine stop/start has operated.

All-in-all the entertainment system functions well.

Incidentally, when I bought 'V' (as I like to call her), I also purchased a New Yaris as it keeps the wife off my lovely V! However, the ents system in that has touch-screen and album cover display! It really is a great car and only half the price of the V40! No she's not swapping with me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
htc one

Hi Guys

I'm still not an owner until 1st March :sleepy:

However, was wondering if the connection from my Android (HTC) phone will show song data etc on the TFT screen? I'm guessing not by Bluetooth but through the USB connection?

Any experience of this...? Or does everyone have an Iphone :p

Many thanks

Tim
i use a HTC ONE and get full song list and play lists direct from phone via blue tooth

·
Registered
4 Posts
i use a HTC ONE and get full song list and play lists direct from phone via blue tooth
Just a bit of a thread hi-jack, but does your HTC one sync with the phone book in the car or do you have to add manually, the reason I ask is that when I borrowed a demo car, my phone would connect, and make and receive calls but the phone book on my phone wouldn't sync with the car, just wondering if you have managed to do this. Again sorry for the hi-jack.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Danifian

I've since had my V40 for almost a couple of months... My HTC One (mini) works flawlessly - full auto phone book syncing, recent & missed calls etc :)

ps. Check out the app 'Agent'. Brilliant... It reads out text messages through the speakers when connected on the V40 bluetooth and even records where you've parked when you disconnect. Simple...but works a treat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.