It’s been four months since I got my car and I wrote down my thoughts now as the initial excitement had settled down. All in all, the car’s been well above expectations without any significant negative surprises
. It’s still gives a good start for the day when driving to work early in the morning. I’m planning making a longer road trip next summer possibly to Central Europe and can’t wait for it!
I’ve had a few issues of which the non functioning CD/DVD-player
was quite annoying as it took three visits to the dealer and four days of work to get it fixed. I’ve also had the alarm going off a few times when opening a locked door by touching the handle. My dealer told me it’s a known problem and Volvo is working on a solution.
- Rear end and parking camera gets dirty really fast. Also the sides do get dirty quite easily in bad weather. I had mud flaps installed this week and hopefully they will help a bit.
- Somewhat cramped backseat (which I of course knew beforehand). Mostly my backseat passengers have been surprisingly happy
- Biggish turning circle
- I have only positive things to say about driving characteristics. Solid but sensitive steering, firm but comfortable enough suspension.
- The car behaves very well on slippery roads and it’s not overly under steering. DSTC works consistent and saves the day if trying too much.
- No extra noises or any other problems in -25 C weather, excellent winter car :thumbup:
- Noise level is ok even at high speeds. I haven’t had any problems with any rattles.
- Great parking camera + accurate rear parking assistance system (when they aren’t dirty).
- The TFT driver display still feels both stylish and practical.
- Very stylish and high quality interior that doesn’t get boring. No signs of wear in the “blonde” parts of my charcoal/charcoal/blonde interior.
- Very good seats. I’m 192 cm tall and can get a very comfortable driving position.
- Stylish exterior. Especially the low nose stands out quite nicely in a parking lot.
- In the beginning I was a bit worried by the small rear window, overall visibility and low seating position. It was easy to get used to them and now these things don’t bother me at all.
- I haven’t calculated the real fuel consumption as I’ve mostly been driving in winterly conditions in a city. I have the impression that the car has been a bit thirstier than expected in these conditions.
- It took some time to get used to all the menus. At this point I have no problem finding what I’m looking for but still feel the logic could be better.