Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected from TMS Hinckley earlier today, now waiting for the running in period to be over (shouldn't take long as I do about 500 miles per week!) so I can enjoy the new engine :)

Very happy with it so far, working my way through all the options and settings now!

Apologies for the picture quality, it was taken through our lounge window.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hinckley, not far from me, just south of Cov here, using the Warwick dealership.

Out of interest, how far is the bedding in period?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not aware of an 'official' period for running the engine in, but I'll try and keep it below 2k RPM for the first 1500-2000 miles, so plenty of use of the cruise control :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw it parked at Coventry tms the other day, couldn't help my self from having a look through the window, looks lovely, can you clear a couple of things up for me?
The dreaded gear stick conversation! The new one that I saw was in it does it light up in anyway?
Also theatre lighting ok the rear I was sure when I ordered mine it came with it now it's saying only the lux does!
Also do the mirrors auto fold on locking the car?

Enjoy, can't wait to hear how the engine feels as only a few weeks til mine arrives

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gear knob is just a standard one, not illuminated but that doesn't bother me. No R Design stitching on the seats either bit that's not an issue either. Bit annoying that I wasn't informed, yes, but things do change.

Mine is the Lux version, so I have the theatre lighting in the back as well as the front (I've yet to decide on which colour lighting I want!).

Yes, the mirrors do fold in when locking the car, it is an option to turn that feature off though and I can also set either or both mirrors to angle down when reversing.

Did my first commute in it this morning, a 70 mile trip mainly on motorways. I can't believe how much quieter it is than my old C30, it's the first time I've been able to hear tyre noise over the engine in a diesel car!

I'm regretting not ticking the rear parking camera option, though. I can get it fitted, but it'd cost nearly £1,000, so that'll have to wait until I come to replace it in 3 years or so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know the gear stick isn't a massive detail but it was on the model I test drove and it was in the brochure/price list when I ordered so I'm disappointed and will be making my thoughts known to TMS, I was already aware about the seat emblem deletion so am over that!!

I have been told that there is possibly multi coloured lighting in the front of the basic r design but not in the rear so will have to wait and see on that one.

I have spec'd the reverse sensors, I initially went with the camera but was put off of it as I was told it doesn't include sensors and at night, poor weather or when it's dirty it isn't very good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, on my r design (my15) the gearstick does light up (new style), i don't have rear theatre lighting or the seat stiching, nor the tilting mirrors. But overall very pleased, far better than the 3 year old seat leon I've just got rid of. Also its now done 2500 miles so starting to feel the engine and use some of the revs and power. Still not fully pushing it yet, but getting a feel for the power delivery and its only the D2.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh for goodness sake stop teasing !

You must have surely been tempted to the dark side a couple of times and pressed the throttle by now :blush:
Two points for me here - I never have the patience to run cars in and I've never had one die on me yet, mind you I never keep a car over three years. Secondly, mine will be a company car...:)

D4 power from day 1!

·
Registered
273 Posts
The R-Design does look good in black, but I just couldn't help myself go rebel again...I must say I would be double, triple checking the illuminated gear stick issue because I love it and would hate to lose that! 500 miles a week though...small beer lol! Cheers and enjoy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The R-Design does look good in black, but I just couldn't help myself go rebel again...I must say I would be double, triple checking the illuminated gear stick issue because I love it and would hate to lose that! 500 miles a week though...small beer lol! Cheers and enjoy.
The gear stick has definitely changed as have the seats, I went in today to do the final paperwork for mine ready for collection on Saturday and the father in laws new one was being taken off the wagon, had a quick look so can say 100%

I must say however I love the old gear stick but the new one isn't that bad, it still lights up but just not in the same way and isn't 3D, we have also checked to see if the old one can be retro fitted. It doesn't have the same mount so would take some messing around.

As for the seats, I think they look a little bland and akin to the boxy volvos of the 80s/90s but unless you can get hold of a set from a scrap car again your stuck with them!

Who cares, I can't wait for Saturday and to get behind the wheel of my new volvo, also can't wait to play with the on call facility that I specd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.