Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Engine is Wearing Out!

:) Over the past year and more I have seen a good few posts here on the lines of:

- I am worried my engine is wearing out
- My engine oil is low after driving a few miles
- My engine oil is burning away
- My engine oil is black

Now these are usually finished with mention of a trip to the dealer to be checked out. What we never hear is what the dealer has said?

I am assuming these V40 engines have not exploded? :p

But it would be great to hear what the dealer has said? It rounds a post / thread off. Its easy to come up with the comment my engine is wearing out / my engine oil is burning away. But are these really problems or merely perceptions?

Let us know the result?

·
Registered
945 Posts
My D4 does not use any yet (12months & 12,000 miles) but I also have an petrol Audi, now these things drink oil, goes through about 6 lts in 18,000 miles, Audi say this is fine.

No doubt the the volvo dealers will say it is within tolerances and send the driver on their way

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I know my friend had a Jetta 2,0l, and it also used lost of oil, where my Mazda I had, never used any, in the 6 years I owned it, it went for its yearly service, and I never worried about anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kev, I am far from an expert but I think you have nothing to worry about. Not unusual for diesel's to like a drink between services especially VW's lol. My Passat always needs a small top up and at 86,000km still feels as strong as when new. I'm not sure on the policy of Volvo dealers but VW dealers here offer free top ups b/w services. I keep the Castrol oil in the car in case I need it on a long trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.