Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Just got my R Design (T4 Powershift) here in Singapore yesterday... getting grips with all the gizmo stuff onboard currently.

Here are a few pics from delivery. And my missus gingerly driving back the red beauty, while I stealthily snapped a few.

Anybody can guess what was the car (now ex!) I was driving? ;)

Already ordered some prancing moose decals. Can't wait to join the gang here! Cheerios.

PS: First choice was Rebel Blue, but dealer had no more stock... drats.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, there is no LUX pack here so as to speak, so the rear lights only consist of 2 white LEDS, controlled by the front switch... ie. no reading lights. As a result, the ambient light feature - just consist of a single tiny LED in front of the rear view mirror. Am I geting this right? :huh:

Also 1 option I wish available here, is the "adjustable steering force". Does anyone here have it and what's your take on it, vs the stock steering feel? Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Also 1 option I wish available here, is the "adjustable steering force". Does anyone here have it and what's your take on it, vs the stock steering feel? Thanks.
Congratulations axl886 on your new car. I have the adjustable steering, set it once and forgot about it lol. There is a significant difference between settings however I don't think it is something that you will miss.

PS: Have a durian pancake in Chinatown for me :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi andlep! Thanks for the welcome mate. :D

Oic, but still might be nice to have to play around with. I test drove the Giuletta and the DNA system was quite interesting.

So for your ambient lights, how many LEDs are there and do you have the rear 2-button reading lights?

PS: glad you like it. Tbh I'd rather have both... separately. I'm old-school... :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oic, but still might be nice to have to play around with. I test drove the Giuletta and the DNA system was quite interesting.

I can confirm that the Volvo system does indeed work and there is significant difference between settings (some others are just gimmicks).

So for your ambient lights, how many LEDs are there and do you have the rear 2-button reading lights?

I have the one LED for ambient lighting, and two rear reading lights. In Australia there is an option for full ambient lighting however I am not sure how many LEDs are included.

PS: glad you like it. Tbh I'd rather have both... separately. I'm old-school... :)
Nothing wrong with old school.......

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 recent pics here.

Of it being used in action for my regular trail action, as well as of the "mod" I did. ;)

Enjoying the car as it is, so far!

Attachments

Reactions: marc V40

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
What is up with the Ferrari sticker, bought the wrong car? :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's actually a moose decal from Dave Barton... heh. ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
221 Posts
Btw the illuminated gear knob, is it supposed to indicate the current gear selection like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ou34WouliA&feature=player_detailpage#t=740 (12:20min mark)

Mine doesn't...
No the V40 didn't seem to have that. Illuminated just means there is a row of led's all around the edge of the gearknob. My powershift D2 did not have it, even though it was listed as standard.

For rear lights, there are two LED lights, that are operated from the front overhead panel. I have two LED lights in the front as well, plus 1 LED for ambient. Nothing in the rear. I did not take the full lighting pack.

I can turn on each front light, or all 4. When all 4 are lit, I can de-activate the front ones independently leaving the rear on. They cannot operate individually in the rear as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No the V40 didn't seem to have that. Illuminated just means there is a row of led's all around the edge of the gearknob. My powershift D2 did not have it, even though it was listed as standard.

For rear lights, there are two LED lights, that are operated from the front overhead panel. I have two LED lights in the front as well, plus 1 LED for ambient. Nothing in the rear. I did not take the full lighting pack.

I can turn on each front light, or all 4. When all 4 are lit, I can de-activate the front ones independently leaving the rear on. They cannot operate individually in the rear as far as I can tell.
Hey man. Thanks for your detailed response! Just what I was looking for. :thumbup:

Mine works exactly the same as yours. Which leads me to think that Volvo marketing worked overtime regarding its "theatre lighting" spin; 1 LED doesn't make it so, haha!

Seeing as Europe has got the V40 much longer already, are there any aftermarket coilover solutions out already? The stock 18" conservative offset is killing me too... :-/

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
have one coming as well - love the idea. Post up some more pics Axl...
Of my car or the moose decal? *lol*

Anyways... here are a couple of pics - 1 of my roadie, the other with my DH bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Very nice shot with the car in the middle of the road. See you also cycle road and mtb like me :)

Reactions: axl886

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok. So I did some stuff to the car earlier today. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Couple of more pictures today, still no sunshine around these parts recently... hhm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Very nice, just don't like the blue tailpipes

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.