Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening

I picked my rebel blue V40 up yesterday morning (Saturday) and have loved every second of it upto now, it take reminds me of my beloved C30.

The new 190 BHP engine is brilliant, amazingly quiet, responsive and smooth, I haven't opened it up completely yet but a little over take today made me smile!!

The new gear stick isn't that bad, it still illuminates which is the main thing and in all reality probably shows the coloured lights from above a little better due to its darker colour.

I'm really impressed with the satnav, much easier to use after you have got used to it and some good little features built in with it.

On call is a must, yes it's a bit gimmicky and I haven't figured out how to start the engine remotely yet, but I have used it loads, I don't think the door opening will be used thwt much, the tracking aspect is very good and all the safety and security add ons are very reassuring, especially with a young family.

However the best thing of the app is finding your destination on the app and sending it to your satnav, when you get in and start the car it pings up asking if you want to navigate to it, love it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow thats great, i#m expecting mine in mid december, D4 R-Design Lux Nav. What economy are you getting on this? i understand it might be alittle bad due to being new.

Also is the new sensus connect any good, i have upgraded mines to the full Harmon Kardon system. I cant wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done 150 miles, mainly town driving, the average is saying 45mpg but the reality is higher I think as it goes up every time I drive it, will take a few hundred miles to settle I'm sure, will keep you posted though.

I have never seen the old sensus system to be fair, but I'm really enjoying all the gadgets that are on it, the scroll wheel on the steering wheeling makes navigating the system really easy, I was considering the sensus touch but really happy I didn't as I think this is much easier.

I got a sim today for it instead of pairing my phone and it's really good to use, the local search is great, brings up restaurants, hotels or whatever else you search for, gives you the option to navigate to them or even phone them.

The Internet radio is also really good, loads of things to listen to.

I have tried to add a cd onto the HDD but can't seem to work it, it says you simply put a cd in, click on add and it does it, will have to open a separate tab for that I think.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No didn't spec either I'm afraid, I really don't see the point of the 18's I'm afraid they look so similar to the 17's, them17's look just as good in my opinion.

I did nearly put the 19's on but I'm glad I didnt , the ride is perfect as it is, wouldn't want to firm it up and it already handles well.

Again I didtn look at the sports pack, what's on it?

I added a good few grands worth of options but glad I got what I did, the Nav and on call work really well together and I'm a bit gadget geeky so loving playing with them all!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
work around with online photo album works..
Photobucket or Flickr and then post link inside you're post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.