Volvo V40 Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
To all Malaysia v40 owners,

we will be having a casual meet up at Kayu Aman Suria today @ 9.00pm.

Pls feel free to join us! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys,
Greetings from Phuket Thailand.......
Any thoughts of renaming this thread to include all of us here in S.E. Asia...including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Myanmar...?
Maybe the S.E.A. Group...???

Growing up in Toronto Canada during the '60's & 70's, I remember seeing the P1800ES & P1800's out on the streets. They always looked a bit different from the standard N. American boats that were running around at the time. The P1800ES and P1800's always looked kinda cool. I was only a kid, but I wanted one...!!!

Fast forward almost 50 years to 2015 and there is now a V40 T5 Cross County (Biarritz Blue) with Mefitis (Black) 18" rims on Michelin Pilot Sport 3 225/45ZR18's, sitting in my driveway. And yes.....it does look kinda cool...!!!

With Volvo now assembling the V40's south of the border in Malaysia and with the ASEAN agreements, we here in T'land no longer have to fork-out 200% tax & duty on forgein made vehicles under 200hp, or 300% tax & duty on vehicles with more than 200hp. The V40 has just become affordable here in T'land thanks to Volvo and ASEAN. Gone are my days of driving locally made SUV's and pick-up trucks as the vast majority of the Thai and Expat population drive here.

Pics of the new addition to our family are posted in the Gallery section.

Cheers,
Verticalift

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, big fan of V40 or its xc version from Taman Tun. Considering of getting one by end of the year. Been to the Midvalley showroom and they told me they don't sell V40 with manual transmission. pffttt... does anyone know if polestar will do it for $$??

41 - 55 of 55 Posts