Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to show you some pictures of my V40 after ceramic paint protection applied. A Cracow based company 44detailing applied 4nano ceramic protection for me together with invisible windshield wiper.

I'm extremely satisfied with the result especially that I've been thinking about it since I bought my car (2 years ago). Now my car looks even better than it was when I picked it up brand new from the dealer :)

Hope you will enjoy the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
£370.39 sounds like a bargain looking at the car
That is a bargain.
I am going for the full Ceramic package the beginning of next month.

Also its nice to see another V40 with 18's on. I love mine!

Al

·
Registered
800 Posts
I recently had it done on a new Renault Kadjar, they wanted £350 but I managed to twist it into the deal for free when I bought the car, you also get a very impressive after care kit.

Unfortunately the car developed an electrical fault that took so long to fix I ended up giving the car back and buying the V40, but my Volvo dealer only offered the Supagard treatment, which is ok but not in the same league as a Glasscoat ceramic treatment.

Apparently Glasscoat is a fairly new product in paint protection and needs to be applied far more carefully than the usual polymer based sealants, its more time consuming to apply too, as the car needs to sit in a dry dust free bay for 24hrs after application so that the ceramic coating hardens and bonds to the paint.
This is probably why it can be expensive to have done and not all dealers offer it.

The finish on the Renault I had it done to was outstanding.
I would highly recommend a glasscoat bonding over other sealants, especially on a darker paintwork that tend to show swirls and marring a bit more, but like all types of sealant make sure the person is trained in how to apply it correctly.
The paint should always be prepared correctly other wise you are just sealing in the imperfections, even brand new cars would need preparing to remove minor imperfections.

By the way, Glasscoat can also be applied to your alloys, protecting them from brake dust and road salt ect, so if anyone is thinking of having it done ask the detailer to do the wheels the same time.

Reactions: electrovito

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks outstanding mate, nice depth to the shine on it.

I don't have the spare cash lying around for a full paint correction and sealant like that, but i had a go at mine the other day. No idea how to post pictures on here using my shoddy mobile browser, but if you search on Instagram for unsheenashashin, you'll see my efforts. Not bad, but nowhere near as nice a finish as this threads creator managed to get!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is nice to look at and really amazing! I had done my ceramic paint protection via car detailing shop and I am very much satisfied with the outcome its shines brightly and superb to look at. I am very much thankful to the staffs who did it they are very amiable and accommodating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts