Since delivery i have a failure rate of 1 every 3.6 month.
What failures? Doors falling off, engine problems? Generally the V40 is as reliable as any other manufacturer, if not better. My D3 was faultless for the 3 years I had it. I now have a T3, but early days yet.Since delivery i have a failure rate of 1 every 3.6 month.
Volvo D2 10/2012 60000km
1) Car was delivered with paint speckles on bumper and grill (fixed)
2) recall for a replacement of the wiper installation
3) recall for replacement of oil packings
4) rattle of the suspension (no feedback)
5) premature wear of floor mats and wipers (20000km)
6) replacement of the safety module (not holding activation settings for lane keeping)
7) total immobilisation due to faulty managementmodule (cost 500e at 40%)
8) not holding 2D settings - switches to 3D (gps) (mentioned during warranty but not repaired)
9) sometimes not displaying the correct hour in the boardcomputer ( i was told this was normal behaviour and Volvo has no solution)
10) navigation not booting when a certain temperature is reached (becomes again available when the car has cooled down)
11) and one "lower motor power" - message . disappeared after restart
3a) recall for bumpers - paint issue
78 mpg, you are not enjoying yourself enough.V40 CC 2D has done 24,000, of which the last 8500 in our possession. In that time only the unlockable rear o/s door problem which I believe is not that rare. The car remains a delight to drive and on a recent 100 mile run up the A1 reached 78 mpg indicated.