Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Since delivery i have a failure rate of 1 every 3.6 month.
Anyone better?

Well our first v40cc was in the dealers work shop 9 time in 8 months due to software and other problems that were considered by our Motability lease agent to be unfit for purpose and was returned to Volvo, the replacement v40 r has been to the workshop once for the 3 month service check. though after having it for 7 months now its due to go in for a replacement door surround rubber and the acceleration snatch diagnosed.:smile2:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thankfully... I guess you could say luckily... Same as Issuj.
8 months, Nearly 8000kms & Zero issues! Absolutely flawless.
So far at least, a pleasure to drive & own...
Long may it continue!! And yes I DO have my fingers firmly crossed as I say it :blush:

·
Registered
29 Posts
10 Months almost 23000 km no issues what so ever, well yes had to take it in for the 20000km service.:grin2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
First 12months of ownership i had approx 1trip a month to dealerships for all sorts of issues. In the last 10months my trip next week will be the first trip and thats to have three doors seals replaced.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Since delivery i have a failure rate of 1 every 3.6 month.
Anyone better?
What failures? Doors falling off, engine problems? Generally the V40 is as reliable as any other manufacturer, if not better. My D3 was faultless for the 3 years I had it. I now have a T3, but early days yet.

·
Registered
729 Posts
10 months 30.000 km, just regular maintenance and a set of front tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Volvo D2 10/2012 60000km

1) Car was delivered with paint speckles on bumper and grill (fixed)
2) recall for a replacement of the wiper installation
3) recall for replacement of oil packings
4) rattle of the suspension (no feedback)
5) premature wear of floor mats and wipers (20000km)
6) replacement of the safety module (not holding activation settings for lane keeping)
7) total immobilisation due to faulty managementmodule (cost 500e at 40%)
8) not holding 2D settings - switches to 3D (gps) (mentioned during warranty but not repaired)
9) sometimes not displaying the correct hour in the boardcomputer ( i was told this was normal behaviour and Volvo has no solution)
10) navigation not booting when a certain temperature is reached (becomes again available when the car has cooled down)
11) and one "lower motor power" - message . disappeared after restart
3a) recall for bumpers - paintissue

·
Registered
630 Posts
Volvo D2 10/2012 60000km

1) Car was delivered with paint speckles on bumper and grill (fixed)
2) recall for a replacement of the wiper installation
3) recall for replacement of oil packings
4) rattle of the suspension (no feedback)
5) premature wear of floor mats and wipers (20000km)
6) replacement of the safety module (not holding activation settings for lane keeping)
7) total immobilisation due to faulty managementmodule (cost 500e at 40%)
8) not holding 2D settings - switches to 3D (gps) (mentioned during warranty but not repaired)
9) sometimes not displaying the correct hour in the boardcomputer ( i was told this was normal behaviour and Volvo has no solution)
10) navigation not booting when a certain temperature is reached (becomes again available when the car has cooled down)
11) and one "lower motor power" - message . disappeared after restart
3a) recall for bumpers - paint issue

You can't be that dissatisfied or you wouldn't have kept it for 60,000 km!

·
Registered
53 Posts
V40 CC 2D has done 24,000, of which the last 8500 in our possession. In that time only the unlockable rear o/s door problem which I believe is not that rare. The car remains a delight to drive and on a recent 100 mile run up the A1 reached 78 mpg indicated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh dear how very careless. That should read D2 of course, the figures are miles and the rear door was un-unlockable if you get my meaning (fixed by Marshalls Cambridge without quibble). The car is just over two years old and BTW still on the original tyres.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problems.

3 different v40's in 1,7 years. (10 000km, 45 000km, 25 000km). No problems. First two was D2 engine, last one is the new D4.

Had small bug with the park assist but it was fixed with an update. That car had the first software and was never updated in 1,5 years. (Early model from release).

·
Registered
88 Posts
V40 CC 2D has done 24,000, of which the last 8500 in our possession. In that time only the unlockable rear o/s door problem which I believe is not that rare. The car remains a delight to drive and on a recent 100 mile run up the A1 reached 78 mpg indicated.
78 mpg, you are not enjoying yourself enough.
Get it down to 25mpg and you will not have time to look at the fuel consumption comparing with exhilaration you will have achieved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No horrors so far after a year with a 2018 T3 Inscription auto.
Only issue initially was road noise compared to the outgoing Toyota Avensis which was ridiculously quiet.
Solution was a change of tyres that did not have blocks on the edges of the tread which are known to causes vibration and whining.
Since then absolutely nothing wrong!!
Fi crossed.

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
434 Posts
Other than chewing through concentric release bearings, 40k car will be chewing on its fourth next week... And Alan (op), if you got 20k out of wipers, you did well😀

·
Registered
721 Posts
Had mine since 2014, 40k miles.
Never been the dealers for any work, and never will.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had my previous V40 D2 for 5 years and 260K km's. I only had to replace the serpentine belt (one pulley got stuck) and aircon compressor. Apart from that it was an absolutely reliable car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts