Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The online configurator and e-brochure has now been updated with the new MY14 spec.

You can see it here: http://www.volvoebrochures.co.uk/v40/

The configurator has been updated, but currently has teething issues, so there are a few issues with packs and prices, however you can price up the car using the brochure.

Initially, other than the addition of the T2 engine and the lower emissions / better economy of the D2 engine, the only other changes that I've noticed are the DAB radio as standard, and the passenger airbag switch is now standard.

Pricing of the cars and the options has all been changed - some increases and some decreases on the options - for me personally, I'll be £175 better off for a D3 Automatic R-Design Lux / Nav / Winter + Rear Park Assist and Autodimming rear view mirror

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice find! I've been wondering when they'd update the configurator/brochure.
I imagine this site is like a beta before they release it to the volvocars.com main site.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice find! I've been wondering when they'd update the configurator/brochure.
I imagine this site is like a beta before they release it to the volvocars.com main site.
Woohoo! It is the main site configurator update. About time too Volvo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is, just beware that it seems to have a few issues with the packs on the V40 R Design, may have others as well. Volvo are looking into it at the moment

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmmmm, yeah it has. Where's the sports pack option gone? I can find the rear tinted windows as a separate item, but no sign of the 3 way steering force or the sport chassis (though the brochure appears to suggest it's standard on the D2 R-Design).

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's in the standard exterior section under equipment, the very last option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I dunno - Ford have the same 1.6 diesel in a Focus with 88g/km emissions in their range. I'd suspect it's all done with mapping

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah maybe you're right.
In that case I do wonder why Volvo have put the D2 with the sports chassis as standard

·
Registered
202 Posts
Though it's also possible lowering it may reduce the drag co-efficient and reduce emissions similar to fitting lower rolling resistance tyres.
All hypothetical of course - I have no idea really.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I haven't checked the differences fully, but it appears to me that the T4 engine is now no longer available in the SE, and is only available in the SE Lux, R-Design Lux, and Cross Country Lux. I think that's a shame.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't checked the differences fully, but it appears to me that the T4 engine is now no longer available in the SE, and is only available in the SE Lux, R-Design Lux, and Cross Country Lux. I think that's a shame.
Yes it would appear so. T2 & T3 only on ES, SE and R-Design in MY2014.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts