Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this thread has probably been done to death but im a new member and i think this is a suitable first post for me :p
I've just received the MY15 V40 brochure and am considering which options to go for. I've decided on the D4 engine and i definately want the R design of some kind.
My question really is, are there any options i MUST get and any i should ignore (is it worth getting the R-design LUX over the regular R-design) and is the sat nav any good?
Thanks for your attention

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the Sat Nav is excellent - I haven't used my TomTom once since getting the car, it also integrates nicely with the TFT display (which is another must have IMO).

I really like the adaptive cruise, it makes stop start driving in queues much less painfull.

Edit: I've not had keyless before, but can't imagine choosing a car without it now. PCC is useless, but I don't think you can have full keyless functionality without it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
From my own experience...

Good things:
Keyless (unless washing the car in which case leave the keys inside)
BLISS
Lane departure
Parking sensors
Winter pack - nice warm bum!
Privacy glass - keeps the temperature down inside the car on sunny days and also makes you look cool.
R-Design - Leather trim looks tasty

Alright things:
Automatic wipers
ACC - fine if you want to dawdle behind the slowest thing on the road but not great if you want to "make progress". I usually turn mine to normal CC.
Self parking - nice party trick but only used it 4 times in 4 months. It's not good at spotting spaces at any reasonable speed and sometimes kicks you up the kerb.
Sat-nav - Not the brightest thing and often tells me the shortest route is longer than the fastest route :-s Ultimately works alright though.

Don't bother with:
Sports chassis - doesn't seem any lower and can't tell much/if any difference from standard

There's probably other stuff on my D4 R-Design Lux Nav with Winter, sports and driver support packages but if I've not mentioned it then it's either something I don't use or not worth having.

Cheers,
Fro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I've searched the forums for what other people have opt'd for and had a gander at youtube videos too. I think i'm decided on the following:
V40 D4 R-Design Lux Nav
Sports Pack
Xenium Pack
BLIS
Keyless Drive
Frameless Autodimming Rear View Mirror
I haven't decided on a colour yet but probably Black / Red.

Reactions: cueba11

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi - I went a little mad on the options but for the PCC has been the best investment - being able to leave the key in your pocket/briefcase is great and hassle free. The rear heated seats I think are good value and a nice surprise for passengers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does the MY15 come with the new D4 engine (the 4 cylinder version) ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. I'm just trying to work out how to upload this MY15 brochure now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive put the MY15 brochure onto my dropbox. The link is going to be on my profile page but ill also drop it here for ease.

MY15 Brochure

I guess i've been looking at the new engines all alone because when I looked at an older one the CO2 emissions were higher than the 99 (D4 manual) that I was used to seeing.

Reactions: VvvVvvV

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Thanks for posting this link to the brochure, Briss. The new D4 seems to be a fine engine in terms of power, but, to tell the truth (my truth!), I expected it to emit less than this 99. I think that the first time I read about it, it was something like 85! Maybe I remember wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally placed the order for my first volvo, taking on the points given by you guys.
I put my deposit down and am now waiting to hear back when I get a production date. I went with the follow spec:
Volvo V40 D4 R Design Lux NAV
Osmium Grey Metallic
Xenium Package
Sports Package
Auto R/View Mirror
Keyless Drive
BLIS with CTA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.