Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that all too often people are very quick to "Name and Shame" companies which fail to meet expectations.

This thread is designed to redress the balance and to promote those dealerships which, in a member's personal opinion, have given a "better than expected" experience.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start the ball rolling by praising the service I received of delivery of my company car from Kastner Exeter (http://www.volvocarsexeter.co.uk). The driver who delivered it could not have been more helpful, was not in a hurry to get the forms signed without me being 100% that the car was right and that I knew where everything was, even making sure my phone was connected by Bluetooth before leaving. If only all dealer experiences were like this!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Volvo Dealer

Hi Everybody,
Main Dealer I would recommend:
TMS Motor Group based in Coventry & Hinckley. Dealer of the Year 2013
I have bought two cars from these guys, this is a family run business and basically you are treated like one of the family.
Nothing is to much trouble and the staff go that extra mile.:)
I use the Hinckley branch.:thumbup: Coffee & Biscuits, Courtesy Cars Small but pleasant showroom,very pleasant welcoming staff.:D
www.tmsmotorgroup.co.uk

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I received excellent service from Tom Campher (www.volvo1.co.za), helping sort out a few issues I had on my car, and hope to get some more excellent service when I am going to trade my current V40 in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Barnetts Dundee- all good so far, very helpful and nothing is too much trouble.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've used a dealer where nothing is too much trouble, too, that's why I'm driving 100 miles for a service!:mad:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've used a dealer where nothing is too much trouble, too, that's why I'm driving 100 miles for a service!:mad:
Imafudd - the name of this thread is an encouragement to praise (and identify) the dealer...
Please tell us who it is that's giving you such good service. It may be that someone I the same area is looking for better service and could benefit from your experience.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry Misha. It's facetiousness. If you read it literally it means that even them doing absolutely nothing seems to be too much trouble!

I complained to Volvo who asked the dealer to contact me to explain - they didn't. See they did nothing and that was clearly too much trouble!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
It's good to see folks happy with their dealership popping up. Makes a change from the negative view. :D
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Actually Kev most on here seem content with their dealer, I'm pleased to say. The fact that I'm not doesn't make me happy I assure you. I would rather drive two miles from my work to get the car serviced than the 100 miles I'll be driving in a few days but what would you do? Would you put-up with being lied too, let down and generally treated poorly?

I'm all for praising the efforts of the good but those that fall short should not get away with it. I pay the same money out that the rest of the Volvo fraternity pay. Should we not all get the same for our money?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My comment was not directed at you Imafudd. :D More a general remark that it is good to see that Volvo dealerships are, in the main, hopefully providing a good service for their customers.

I do agree with you. All should provide a good service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently changed cars, buying my first ever Volvo (never thought I'd say that in my lifetime!) from Lookers Colchester. Most of the deal was done beforehand by email as I live 170 miles away and they could not have been more helpful. I also had a test drive of the V40 at Tollbar Warwick who again impressed me with their service. All in all a good start to my Volvo experience.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Thiefs

I received excellent service from Tom Campher (www.volvo1.co.za), helping sort out a few issues I had on my car, and hope to get some more excellent service when I am going to trade my current V40 in.
I have to retract my statement, went to them to trade in my T3 for a D3, they want to give me nothing for my car and then sell it again at a huge profit. Absolute daylight robbery. :mad::thumbdown:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good post...I can't praise Lipscomb of Aylesford (Kent) enough and by that rationale, would include their Canterbury and Ashford branches too. DC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mill Volvo. Knaresborough. Can't fault them. Very good service.
Are they the one just down from the retail park with Next, Boots and MacDonalds? Was working about 4 doors down from there yesterday and will be back again next month!

If you're local maybe we should meet for a drink when I'm next up?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VoodooBOB - sorry to hear that. You'd have thought customer service would outweigh financial gain.... Obviously not :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.