Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

I've been eagerly reading through everyone's threads and experiences in the (what felt like a looong) wait until our V40 was delivered. It's been great to learn from everyone and keep the excitement levels up !

I have RTI navigation and have been playing around with the voice recognition while driving. I find it to work very well ...but there is one puzzle I have not been able to figure out. Perhaps you can help me solve it.

I have the car settings language on English. When I activate the Voice Recognition (VR) and speak in 'Navigation Go To Address', I am taken to the address entry page. Here the 'Search Area' is defaulted to 'United Kingdom'. I am unable to find out how to command the VR to change the country. I've changed the car system to other languages and see that the page defaults to the respective language country.

Perhaps I'm missing something here. If so, its not an intuitive step and I've checked through the manuals but cannot find anything to point to how to adjust the country through using VR. With the manual mode, it is of course possible.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can't change the country with the voice command.

If you want to navigate across the border you have to do it manual.
Or enter manual a adress with voice tag for example adresses you regular goto. Then you can use the voice to go there.

But it's NOT possible to change the country by voice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming i was not going crazy.

Shame really, given the fact that Volvo is able to use the VR to select from an exponentially longer list of cities, towns, and street names. It would seem technically feasible to do all that then it should be possible with the countries too. Wonder what prevented them from restricting that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same problem with the voice recognition. How about we send a complaint to Volvo to fix this? I think it might be possible to fix some things with a software update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
help916
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing