Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Volvo V40 Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community! I just bought 8 months ago a Volvo V40 2016 but I am experiencing this issue with the navigation system, could someone help me to share a same experience or maybe a solution?? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are there any maps loaded? One of the Navigation sub menus will tell you what the map version is. Have you been to Download maps | Volvo Support and downloaded the most recent maps for your car?

·
Registered
721 Posts
And have you zoomed out to see where it thinks you are?
If there are maps and the GPS aerial has failed you typically end up in the middle of the North Sea!

·
Registered
2016 Volvo V40 Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any maps loaded? One of the Navigation sub menus will tell you what the map version is. Have you been to Download maps | Volvo Support and downloaded the most recent maps for your car?
Thanks Tony for your answer, I went to that sub menu and appears this message: "Sensus navigation not activated. To adquire and activate contact your Volvo dealer. Sensus navigation offers maps data without need of connection,...." is there anything I can do in your opinion??

·
Registered
2016 Volvo V40 Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And have you zoomed out to see where it thinks you are?
If there are maps and the GPS aerial has failed you typically end up in the middle of the North Sea!
Thanks HPsauce for your answer, I am receiving this message from thw Update Option: "Sensus navigation not activated. To adquire and activate contact your Volvo dealer. Sensus navigation offers maps data without need of connection,...." is there anything I can do in your opinion?? Download maps from the internet and loading to the car is possible?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry, all I can think of would be to take it to a dealer to be activated? Or query how it became deactivated. I can't think why anyone in 2016 would order a car with satnav but not activate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello community! I just bought 8 months ago a Volvo V40 2016 but I am experiencing this issue with the navigation system, could someone help me to share a same experience or maybe a solution?? Thanks in advance!
Has the system been working correctly before you noticed it doesn't work?
If not, it seems like the previous owner ordered a car without navigation. In that case the dealer can activate it but it will cost a lot (around £900).

·
Registered
20 Posts
First of all, turn off show speed in Sensus, because it overlays the phone signal.
Connect your mobile phone through Bluetooth and enable Bluetooth internet sharing (or via WiFi if you prefer it).
If you get a "sync" icon in the upper right corner, try online radio to check internet connection.
After that open NAV and wait for ONLINE maps to load.

In Slovenia, offline NAV cost 1138€ when I ordered the car.
If you know someone with Volvo DICE, you can activate the same NAV via VDash for around 300€.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts