Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll order the v40 tomorrow. Unfortunately It'll have the performance audio system not the high or premium so I think there won't be a usb connection bellow the armrest nor does it support bluetooth.

So I'll have to use the aux in from bellow the armrest and the 12v plug from the cup holder in order to charge and play music from my phone.

I've got the kenu airframe and use it as my phone mount and it's amazing (not tried yet on v40 but don't think it won't work). It mounts on the air vents.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

So.. Please give me some advice. The whole thing will make my car filled with cables.

I was thinking of getting a usb + 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter but even unfortunately the 12v plug is not bellow the armrest with the aux in.

Are there perhaps any inputs behind the floating console so I can just put all the chargers/adapters there?

Alternatively is there an input for a cd charger I can use to both charge and provide audio to a bluetooth adapter?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'll order the v40 tomorrow. Unfortunately It'll have the performance audio system not the high or premium so I think there won't be a usb connection bellow the armrest nor does it support bluetooth.

So I'll have to use the aux in from bellow the armrest and the 12v plug from the cup holder in order to charge and play music from my phone.

I've got the kenu airframe and use it as my phone mount and it's amazing (not tried yet on v40 but don't think it won't work). It mounts on the air vents.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

So.. Please give me some advice. The whole thing will make my car filled with cables.

I was thinking of getting a usb + 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter but even unfortunately the 12v plug is not bellow the armrest with the aux in.

Are there perhaps any inputs behind the floating console so I can just put all the chargers/adapters there?

Alternatively is there an input for a cd charger I can use to both charge and provide audio to a bluetooth adapter?
Bluetooth and a USB socket are standard across the range in the UK. You didn't mention where you are from though, but if its UK rest assured it will be there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is not standard here in Greece. Just found out that there are 2 12v sockets? one under he armrest and the other on the cup holder? if this is true then a belkin aircast would suit me nice.

now The other thing is i need a usb charging cable near the air vents. is there perhaps another 12v socket behind the floating console? That would rock

·
Registered
37 Posts
it is not standard here in Greece. Just found out that there are 2 12v sockets? one under he armrest and the other on the cup holder? if this is true then a belkin aircast would suit me nice.

now The other thing is i need a usb charging cable near the air vents. is there perhaps another 12v socket behind the floating console? That would rock
unfortunately not.
the 2 that you mentioned are the only two in the cabin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts