Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I would need your opinion on the following car - I'm buying my first Volvo so any input would be well appreciated:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=245579040&lang=de&utm_source=DirectMail&utm_medium=textlink&utm_campaign=Recommend_DES

I have already checked the forum and found out some general pros and cons: it has a panoramic roof, which some of you like others don't, I've read about the cruise control etc. What are your thoughts about this car (price, extras etc)?

Thank you very much, have a nice day!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Irishman here! I have one, largely swung by Volvo Switzerland's generosity (good guarantee, free servicing for 10 years, discount for my little company, which mean VW Schweiz wouldn't consider).

So, having lived with it for nearly 3 years...

Pluses

- very comfortable, great seats.
- D3 5-cylinder pulls like a train - after our little 20 year-old 1.6 Astra Caravan, it took me a while not to screech the tyres on standing starts!
- excellent highway cruiser.

Minuses

- for a car that's bigger than a Golf, it offers less interior space. As there are now only two of us, this is no great concern, but it could be problematic for a young family with lots of gear to carry.
- the rear hatch opening is not particularly wide, so the carrying of objects such as furniture is limited. Again, not an enormous problem, but the Astra with its staggering carrying capacity spoiled me.
- I'd like it to be less thirsty. Mind you, it does get around 50mpg with my gentle style of driving. This would probably be better with a manual like the one in your advert, because our gearbox is a torque converter-type automatic, and these are around 10% thirstier than manuals. On the other hand, unlike the more efficient double clutch-type boxes such as the VW DSG, this kind of transmission is virtually bombproof - the Astra had one and not once in 20 years and 346,000 Km needed repair.

I don't have the panoramic roof, but I do have the blind spot detector, which I like.

It looks a very nice car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice car I would buy one with. automatic transmission. The panorama roof takes a couple of inches in height but is beautiful. The color black is beautiful but requires some car wash if it is going to be nice everyday.
Active cruise control, blis, citysafe, drive alert system, road sign information, bakcamara, navigation, Volvo on call, distance alert are equipment we use every day and do not want to do without.
We also have parking assistant but have never used it.
We are pleased with our Volvo a good car if you do not need much space we bought a CC because of the height we grow older.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts