Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Was reading about this here earlier today.
Not quite ready for production but hopefully some of the tech will filter down to the existing range especially that dash and centre console I hope.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the mags, would look nice in black on my white V40

·
Registered
155 Posts
Love the coupe, it looks great. I was however offended by Mr Ingenlath's comment about previous Volvos being "vanilla".

There's nothing vanillic about my V40 (and other Volvos either)! :mad: It's stunning, one of the best looking hatchbacks around! And what's wrong with vanilla, anyway? Personally, one of my favourite flavours :) .
Anyhow, I feared Volvo was going the road many other European marques have taken - adapting to the Chinese market, which seems to prefer bland, ordinary, straight and conventional. The new Peugeots are ghastly (IMHO), and only a couple of years ago they had some of the nicest gamut of cars, all speaking the same designer language. Citroens seem to have lost the traditional quirkiness and innovation, etc etc... I thought MY14 S80, XC90 and S60 redesigns were headed the same way.... Good to see the new concept coupe is bold and fresh.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
945 Posts
Love the coupe, it looks great. I was however offended by Mr Ingenlath's comment about previous Volvos being "vanilla".

There's nothing vanillic about my V40 (and other Volvos either)! :mad: It's stunning, one of the best looking hatchbacks around! And what's wrong with vanilla, anyway? Personally, one of my favourite flavours :) .
Anyhow, I feared Volvo was going the road many other European marques have taken - adapting to the Chinese market, which seems to prefer bland, ordinary, straight and conventional. The new Peugeots are ghastly (IMHO), and only a couple of years ago they had some of the nicest gamut of cars, all speaking the same designer language. Citroens seem to have lost the traditional quirkiness and innovation, etc etc... I thought MY14 S80, XC90 and S60 redesigns were headed the same way.... Good to see the new concept coupe is bold and fresh.

Whilst I agree with your thinking I have to disagree with some of your examples.

RCZ is nice, what the MkII Audi TT shoudl have been but the other Peugeot have been terrible of recent years, ever since they fell out with pinnaferina.

Citroens are still quirky, look at the DS3 and DS5 or and how about a 4 door where the rear windows don't open DS4, now that is quirky

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll grant you the DS line is still quirky and interesting, definitely not bland, I was referring more to the "regular" Citroens. Although the new C4 Picasso is also quirky enough, so I may have taken the wrong example.

The RCZ is (was) beautiful, but it's a leftover from the previous line of thinking! The recent redesign, intended to bring it in line with the rest of the gamut (at least the front), was equally disastrous. IMHO.

Then again, it's all personal taste!

·
Registered
945 Posts
What I can't work out on the new Peugeots is why have Peugeot started to write Peugeot on the front, why wont the Lion do to show it is a Peugeot, or may be they just like writing Peugeot all the time so they don't want people to forget how to spell Peugeot (Like what I did there;0)) )?????

·
Registered
94 Posts
I saw this in the metal at Frankfurt, very imposing and stylish. A much better effort than Bertone managed with the 262C!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts