Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having run 2 S40's (Burgundy 2.0 SE and Summer Green T4 SE) in the late 90's while working for Volvo and then after leaving owning a further Silver T4 and then Anthracite Grey T5 of the new S40 I've now ordered my D2 R-Design Lux of the latest V40 in Rebel Blue last week (28/1)...

I've been given a delivery date of 20/3 at the moment. Visited a couple of dealers and the general view was delivery in 6-8 weeks. Does any else's experience match this and are they being realistic?

PS : I've read the manual... a lot... ;)

EDIT : Oh, and it's coming with the Winter Pack (I always order this), Rear Park Assist (since the back end is difficult to judge on the Volvos), VOC and the 5 years servicing for £500 deal.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I must have been lucky with mine it only took two weeks to arrive, but i think the dealership said it was one that had already been built, because of that they gave me a fair discount on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Having run 2 S40's (Burgundy 2.0 SE and Summer Green T4 SE) in the late 90's while working for Volvo and then after leaving owning a further Silver T4 and then Anthracite Grey T5 of the new S40 I've now ordered my D2 R-Design Lux of the latest V40 in Rebel Blue last week (28/1)...

I've been given a delivery date of 20/3 at the moment. Visited a couple of dealers and the general view was delivery in 6-8 weeks. Does any else's experience match this and are they being realistic?

PS : I've read the manual... a lot... ;)

EDIT : Oh, and it's coming with the Winter Pack (I always order this), Rear Park Assist (since the back end is difficult to judge on the Volvos), VOC and the 5 years servicing for £500 deal.
I have ordered the exact same car from Lipscolm's of Canterbury 22\01\2014. Had a phone call today to say expected delivery will be 10\04 but as the lease on my present car runs out on 22\04 I am not worried. Only seen one other V40 down here as well. Thought I had quite an exclusive car with my Chevrolet Cruze, but they are getting quite common!

·
Registered
273 Posts
@worm59...welcome my Kent comrade! I use Lipscomb at Aylesford...can't fault these guys! Hope you haven't really gone for Rebel Blue as by my reckoning, there's still only three of us in Kent, though that said, I can still go a good week before seeing another V40 of any kind. Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you Darrencc. I went to Aylesford first just to take a look, it was in white and looked really nice. Unfortunately there V40 was on loan to a customer who's engine was waterlogged! I ended up at Canterbury, I must say both these dealers were so friendly and first class. Sorry though you will have to add another Rebel Blue one in April, it's the colour that just suits the car in my opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have gone for ice white for my D2 R Design - ordered from Rybrooks in Chester...Mark the salesman there is brilliant....devoted to customer service and customer satisfaction...abt 6 weeks until delivery of my D2 RD now.. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
@worm...I've not been to the Canterbury or Ashford branches of Lipscomb yet, but I would give Aylesford 10 out of 10. There's my Rebel Blue in Folkestone, one In Faversham and possibly one in the Herne Bay/Whitstable area...but I've probably seen either of them once or twice in the year so you're sure to enjoy exclusivity for many months my friend...enjoy! Darren

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went over to the pop up Volvo shop at Bluewater yesterday, I am not due to get my car until 22nd April and needed a pick me up. They have a Rebel Blue R Design Lux in there, as well as V40 Cross Country and another model (not sure what it was, my eyes were blinded by the R Design). If your undecided go along and have a try, shop is there until the end of the month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not long to go now Mike - nearly there :)
Yes, so nearly there that I had an email from the dealer this morning to say they picked it up this from the compound morning and it'll make its trip to the workshop and I'll be able to collect on Thursday.

What intrigues me is what the heck a brand new out of factory car needs to have done in the workshop apart from a quick checkover on levels etc...?

Can't wait :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
How about removal of all the protective material. Have you seen a new car just delivered? There are various protective films on the bodywork, covers over the discs etc, etc. Then checks on tyre pressures, oil levels.
Do make sure you inspect the car before you take delivery. Some dealers may not notice blemishes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd forgotten the coverings to be honest... take that for granted really :)

Don't worry, I shall be inspecting the car before I drive off. I've been lucky so far to not have any issues though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.