Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just ordered my second volvo, I've gone for a V40 with the new D4 engine , R-Design Nav in rebel blue and have spec'd volvo on call, cruise and reverse sensors, on top of the Nav with sensus connect.

Can't wait for it to arrive and should be here some time in September, just trying to get the order number so I can register it on my volvo and check it every five minutes!!!

Does any one know whether it is possible to run a secondary screen to the rear for the DVD player and whether you can override they've switch off whilst in motion?

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose I confirmed the order about 3 weeks a go, although I have added options since! It was a car they had on order that was still pre build changeable so been quite lucky

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, just ordered my second volvo, I've gone for a V40 with the new D4 engine , R-Design Nav in rebel blue and have spec'd volvo on call, cruise and reverse sensors, on top of the Nav with sensus connect.

Can't wait for it to arrive and should be here some time in September, just trying to get the order number so I can register it on my volvo and check it every five minutes!!!

Does any one know whether it is possible to run a secondary screen to the rear for the DVD player and whether you can override they've switch off whilst in motion?

Cheers
Nice spec. Will be interested to hear how you get-on when she arrives :thumbup:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ordered mine 8 weeks ago and delivery has just gone back from Sept 1 to 31st October. I am told they are having 'supply issues' with the D4 engine, has anyone else heard or been told similar ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered mine 8 weeks ago and delivery has just gone back from Sept 1 to 31st October. I am told they are having 'supply issues' with the D4 engine, has anyone else heard or been told similar ?
Mine went back again yesterday to between 9th and 16th October, probably for the same reason!

I know the initial delay was due to me changing my mind on options, but I've not changed it for ages now!!!!!

Will have a word with my dealer tomorrow to see what he's saying, sure there will be a corporate line some where!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my V40 D4 on May 15th, and the delivery date should be October 15th. The very first D4 should not be delivered before September 1.

Unless UK is delivered much earlier than France, I'm not surprised your's will be delivered later than mine, if you ordered it 6 weeks later.

Did your dealer noticed you ordered a D4, when he promised it for Sept 1?

Sorry for my bloddy English!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered my V40 D4 on May 15th, and the delivery date should be October 15th. The very first D4 should not be delivered before September 1.

Unless UK is delivered much earlier than France, I'm not surprised your's will be delivered later than mine, if you ordered it 6 weeks later.

Sorry for my bloddy English!
I don't know about the other one but my car was an order that was already placed and was still in a position to be changed, hence the reasonably quick delivery.

I find most dealers have cars that are like this and I very rarely have to wait that long, this is probably the longest!

·
Registered
591 Posts

Wow May !

They were very clear it was a D4 as I was at pains to make them record it must be the new 190.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, that's quite a wait. I'm a little worried that my D2 will be delayed. They say first week of October but website says 21st-30th Oct. Same for jonfromwales too (ordered D2 around the same time as well).

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered my D4 on 14 June and I'm due to collect it next Monday. The My Volvo site still has the status as 'Transporation to dealer' with a date of 8-19 September though!

I'm going to sort out the final paperwork on Friday, so with a bit of luck it'll have been delivered and will be getting the final prep work done :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered my D4 on 14 June and I'm due to collect it next Monday. The My Volvo site still has the status as 'Transporation to dealer' with a date of 8-19 September though!

I'm going to sort out the final paperwork on Friday, so with a bit of luck it'll have been delivered and will be getting the final prep work done :)
Early update on the new engine, I've found no real write ups on it and think you will bill be one of the first in the country!

·
Registered
273 Posts
@keil29 nice spec and good choice of engine. The D4 would be my engine choice next time, looks a no brainer to me and renders the D2 slightly old hat. Enjoy! Darren

Reactions: jifen

·
Registered
591 Posts

Very jealous - you will be our champion so we need lots of write up's & pics while the rest of us salivate waiting ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well the paperwork's all done, but it don't collect it until Tuesday now. It only got delivered to the dealer today so I'd rather they took the time to check & prep it properly instead of rushing it for Monday. It's also at TMS Coventry at the moment rather than their Hinckley site who I've been dealing with!

Only a few more days before I'm driving BU64 CVD back home :-D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the paperwork's all done, but it don't collect it until Tuesday now. It only got delivered to the dealer today so I'd rather they took the time to check & prep it properly instead of rushing it for Monday. It's also at TMS Coventry at the moment rather than their Hinckley site who I've been dealing with!

Only a few more days before I'm driving BU64 CVD back home :-D
May have to pop in to tms Coventry and have a look then!!!
I literally live one mile away and that's where mine is ordered from!

You should come pick me up when you have it so I can see what it's like before I get mine...:s

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.