Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm planning on replacing my C30 with a V40 soon and was just wondering if anyone had had any experience with the MY15 D4 yet?

Also, does anyone have any idea as to when it actually becomes available? On the Volvo website it says it can be ordered now with production due to start in September, but when I spoke to a dealer yesterday he thought it may not be until next year.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have placed an order for a MY15 V40. I received my production date for the 25th of august, although I was informed that product starts in August (so it's possible that this is August 1st).
BTW the brochure for MY15 is on my profile page.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you waiting to replace our C30 with a V40 with one of the new Drive-E engines. As Briss has noted, production of the V40 with the new D4 is not due to start until August (I thought I saw an official Volvo press release around somewhere confirming this). If you want to get a feel for the new Drive-E engines then I would suggest having a test drive of the new engines in the S60 or V60 which are available now. That's what I'll be doing later this month with the new engines having just been launched in Australia. One concern I've got with this is that I may end up deciding to get a V60 instead....

Tony

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I'm going to try & test drive a D2 V40 and a 'new' D4 V60 sometime soon (the C30 will need its 100k service soon, so I'll get the garage to do that whilst I do he test drives.

If the V40 D4 isn't going to be available for a while I may go for a D2 as a stop GAO for a year or so as I definitely need to change cars this year!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have placed an order for a MY15 V40. I received my production date for the 25th of august, although I was informed that product starts in August (so it's possible that this is August 1st).
BTW the brochure for MY15 is on my profile page.
Out of interest, when did you actually place your order?

·
Registered
22 Posts
8th of May

·
Registered
221 Posts
Volvo shuts down the factory for the summer holidays in July and restarts sometime in Aug, after which the MY15 will become available. Not sure on the exact date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I allready have mine D4 190bhp. It is a summum osmium grey with xenon en freija rims, the car drives great! Previous i had the D2, but that is no match against this new biturbo diesel. It is so fast en easy to drive, before you know it, it is way beyond the max speed limit! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.