Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals.

It's great to see another forum full of great info and advice from dedicated members and contributors.

Looking forward to being part of it.

I currently drive (and i'll say this under my breath) a Fiat Ulysse MPV. I know, believe me, i haven't had it long.

But, i am in the negotiating phase of a PCP deal on a 12 month old (13 Reg) V40 D2 R Design Nav, Passion Red with a couple of option packs and extras on it.

I haven't seen the car yet, dealer has only just found it for me on a list of volvo management company cars released every so often, so am keen to see it at the earliest opportunity.

Can anyone offer any advice on what things to look out for on these, bearing in mind the car is 12 months old.

Many thanks in advance.

Si

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi - I'm also in the north, Holmfirth in the Peak District.

Based on how new the cars are, I doubt there's too much to look for. How many miles has the car done?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Based on the face it's got barely any miles under the wheels and if you're buying it from Volvo it'll be checked over thoroughly, the only thing I'd be checking is it hasn't had an accident.

Because the cars are new, and still relatively high value, they could have some pretty big repairs done whilst still being financially viable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Based on the face it's got barely any miles under the wheels and if you're buying it from Volvo it'll be checked over thoroughly, the only thing I'd be checking is it hasn't had an accident.

Because the cars are new, and still relatively high value, they could have some pretty big repairs done whilst still being financially viable.
Thanks RiCu, some great advice, I'll certainly be checking.

Off to get an official value from them for my trade in today.

·
Registered
273 Posts
@Si902...the car will be a gem...mines a March 2013 car with 42,000...not a peep. The only thing to be aware of on your car is to make sure that it's had all the relevant software upgrades (the dash displaying KPH will be a test) and because it's a year old, check that if the bumpers are original or replaced under a "batch" problem that Volvo had in early 2013 cars and peeling paint in the leading edges where the plastic met the metal...nothing major (separate posts on here will elaborate), you will love the car - oh and make sure you as the current owner are signed up to get the map updates via DVD for the next 2 years from Navtec. Cheers Darren

Reactions: Si902

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Si902...the car will be a gem...mines a March 2013 car with 42,000...not a peep. The only thing to be aware of on your car is to make sure that it's had all the relevant software upgrades (the dash displaying KPH will be a test) and because it's a year old, check that if the bumpers are original or replaced under a "batch" problem that Volvo had in early 2013 cars and peeling paint in the leading edges where the plastic met the metal...nothing major (separate posts on here will elaborate), you will love the car - oh and make sure you as the current owner are signed up to get the map updates via DVD for the next 2 years from Navtec. Cheers Darren
Thanks DarrenCC
Have had a read the paint issue thread, ill certainly be having a close look. Apparently a software update is part of the 100 point check that gets done by volvo on used cars bought through the dealer. I'll be making sure too.
Dealer informs me that car should be delivered to him this week so i can have a good look at it before finalising.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, been to have a look at her today and she is a fine looking thing! Signed on the dotted line and collecting her on Friday morning.
No trace / suggestion of any of issues mentioned above (Happy with that)!
Will post some pics as soon as i can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well. Picked her up as mentioned above, really impressed. Can't help but keep taking a quick peep out of the window when she's parked up, but that hasn't been too often since Friday.
Covered around 300 miles so far (80%/20%) A roads / M'way, and returned mid 50's mpg. Hopefully this will improve when I get used to a new driving style, have managed 65 mpg on some journeys of around 30 miles, this taking it easy and remaining in as high a gear as possible.

Pic's to follow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.