Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

An all life Volvo lover, just signed up. 37 years old.

I've driven Volvo's for the past 15 years, and had a various ammount of models.

Volvo 240 Turbo '81
Volvo 240 TIC '83
Volvo 240 TIC '81
Volvo 760 TIC '89
Volvo 780 '87
Volvo 850 T-5R '95 (yellow)
Volvo C70 T5 '98
Volvo V50 2.0D '05
Volvo V40 D4 '13

As you can see, I currently have a new V40, but as some of you may have read in my thread under owners garage, its under repair as I crashed it 8 weeks ago, just 4 miles after picking it up at the dealer.

With a little luck, I'm getting my V40 back before easter. Normally I'm a very active forum member, but cause of my just 10 minutes with this new model, I cant provide much info or details about the car.

As soon as I get my car back, I can help out with pics and info about accesorys, as my car is well equipped with all sorts of things.

My car in details:

Volvo V40 D4 aut. Summum S/S D-Line.

Exterior: Sapphire metallic black with midir 18" black diamondcut rims. Fittet with complete spoilerkit and "sharkfin" roofspoiler.

Interior: Vasa leather espres - blonde/blonde, moodlight and 7" high performance media.

Accessories besides Summum (luxury): Park pilot, D-line safety pack with BLIS and Laneassist. TFT panel. Keyless drive. Sport package. Split trunk and I actually have the OEM icescraper in the drivers door.

Info that I can provide, is that all the fuss about the safest car in the world, is dead on. After an 35 - 40 mph frontal collision, its impressive just to step out of the car, with the feel of hitting something at parking speed. When I compare the damage of the other car (Ford Fiesta '12) I'm extremly glad that I went for a Volvo. Only downside is that the Volvo is so well build, that the volvo workshop is actually able to repair the car after such a crash, within the insurance limmitations.
The Fiesta went on for scrap.
That makes one think about safety. Almost all cars get 5 euro NCAP stars these days, but in real life its different. Not only did the Ford not survive the crash, but not a single airbag popped. The result of that error did that the driver suffered serious head damage, and had to go to the hospital.

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
Katron said:
My car in details:

Volvo V40 D4 aut. Summum S/S D-Line.

Exterior: Sapphire metallic black with midir 18" black diamondcut rims. Fittet with complete spoilerkit and "sharkfin" roofspoiler.

Interior: Vasa leather espres - blonde/blonde, moodlight and 7" high performance media.

Accessories besides Summum (luxury): Park pilot, D-line safety pack with BLIS and Laneassist. TFT panel. Keyless drive. Sport package. Split trunk and I actually have the OEM icescraper in the drivers door.
Would like to see some photos of your car, especially interior ones, when you get it back. You must be the first and only, up to now, with this espresso leather interior (As I must be the only one with the Azur Blue leather!) ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts