Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 40 years and 11 Saabs I've just bought my first Volvo, a 2012 V40 SE NAV T4 in what I believe is Raw Copper Metallic. So far the biggest learning curve has been working my way through the multiple menus and figuring out what they do. I still haven't worked out how to select Trip 1 or Trip 2 and how to reset them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
To reset T1 or T2 rotate the dial on the left stalk, you will see it cycle between T1 and T2. When you get to the one you want to reset press and hold the button in the middle of the left stalk for a few seconds. You will see the T1 or T2 mileage fade out and come back to zero.

Do the same for the one you didn't reset.

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony. I managed to work it out myself this afternoon. Next task is figuring out the satnav :rolleyes:

·
Registered
285 Posts
IMO the satnav is one of the most user friendly I have used.... wayyyyy better than the one in my wife's outlander (or her old Hyundai)

First thing I would do would be to go to the Volvo website and download the most up to date maps and install them in the car.

·
Registered
710 Posts
With RTTI (Real Time Traffic Information) from t'internet it's pretty good.
Not sure you can ever compete with Google/Waze for up-to-date data but it's limitations are offset by the integration with the car.

Though with all the radical changes happening in London right now I expect it would really struggle there.

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO the satnav is one of the most user friendly I have used.... wayyyyy better than the one in my wife's outlander (or her old Hyundai)

First thing I would do would be to go to the Volvo website and download the most up to date maps and install them in the car.
I had a play with the satnav this morning. It seems relatively easy to navigate but would have preferred a touch screen. I'm used to a TomTom on my bike and it is much faster to enter addresses, waypoints, etc.
I'm currently downloading the latest map but the Volvo server is painfully slow. Then it seems I might find that the car needs a software update to accept a USB update.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had a play with the satnav this morning. It seems relatively easy to navigate but would have preferred a touch screen. I'm currently downloading the latest map but the Volvo server is painfully slow. Then it seems I might find that the car needs a software update to accept a USB update.
Personally I think touchscreens in cars are totally inappropriate and unsafe, proper knobs and buttons that you don't have to take your eyes off the road for ages to operate are much better and safer.
I think the download is about 30GB so does take a while as does verifying it. Installing takes an hour or so too, all pretty tedious I'm afraid.
And yes, older cars may need a software update (one-off) to allow you to install your own downloads. Not sure if a dealer would do that free along with a service, my 2016 model was already set up for it.

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you are probably right about touch screens, it's just what I'm used to. The download is 21GB, so far 4.80Gb has downloaded and taken 3 ½ hours.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I gotta be honest, I don't even bother using the sat nav on the car - just use my phone. I agree touchscreens are less safe for things you have to do when driving (such as adjusting the temperature) but you shouldn't really be entering stuff into a sat nav when you're moving at all. I would only ever do that while stationary and I find a lack of touchscreen to do that really clunky. I got over it though by buying a decent phone mount.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The SatNav does come up with things while you're on the move though, mostly rerouting due to traffic changes that require a response to accept.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Những ưu điểm và hạn chế của bảng hiệu đèn led 0935790028
a. Về ưu điểm

Bảng hiệu đèn led có rất nhiều ưu điểm nên được lựa chọn sử dụng nhiều trong lĩnh vực quảng cáo, cụ thể:
- Tiết kiệm chi phí:
Bóng đèn led trong bảng hiệu led tiết kiệm điện năng hơn nhiều so với bóng đèn compact hay đèn sợi đốt. Vì vậy, sử dụng bảng hiệu led về lâu dài sẽ giúp bạn tiền tiết kiệm điện năng trong sử dụng.
- Thiết kế dễ dàng
Đèn led nói chung có vô vàn kích thước cũng như hình dạng, vậy nên bạn tha hồ lựa chọn để làm bảng hiệu phù hợp cho mình. Thêm nữa, đèn led có màu sắc cực kì đa dạng nên được khách hàng ưa chuộng và chọn lựa.
- Tuổi thọ cao, an toàn, thân thiện với môi trường
làm biển hiệu quảng cáo
Bảng hiệu led có khả năng biến đổi hình dạng vô cùng phong phú, tùy theo nhu cầu của người sử mà có thể thay đổi thành bất cứ hình dạng gì. Thậm chí để tăng thêm sự sinh động cho bảng hiệu, người ta còn có thể chèn thêm hình ảnh, video và cả nhạc cho bảng hiệu.
b. Hạn chế
Hạn chế có lẽ là duy nhất của bảng hiệu led đó là giá thành cao hơn so với những loại bảng hiệu khác. Tuy nhiên nó có tuổi thọ cao hơn nên về lâu dài đây vẫn là sự lựa chọn xứng đáng.
bảng hiệu quảng cáo tphcm

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted yesterday about an immobiliser issue in the general discussion forum because I couldn't think where else to put. Today, I find that it was been deleted, presumably by an admin, with no indication why. If this is an example of how things are on this forum I don't think I'll be visiting much. :mad:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I posted yesterday about an immobiliser issue in the general discussion forum because I couldn't think where else to put. Today, I find that it was been deleted, presumably by an admin, with no indication why. If this is an example of how things are on this forum I don't think I'll be visiting much. :mad:
Perhaps it just hasn't been approved yet? Some of my threads seem to disappear almost straight away and then reappear some time later. I assume the forum flags them as needing approval and then an admin has to do that.

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perhaps. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the meantime.

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, my Volvo ownership was short lived. The car kept showing an immobiliser issue and randomly wouldn't start but usually did after a few lock / unlock cycles. Then one day it cut out as I was releasing the clutch at a set of traffic lights. I thought I'd stalled it but I'm now not so sure. It absolutely refused to start. No immobiliser warning but random warnings about "Brake service required" and Coolant service required". I called my breakdown service but after 5 minutes it just started like nothing had happened so I cancelled the breakdown. 3 days later I was reversing out of a car park space and the engine just died. Again no immobiliser warning but the same warnings about brakes and coolant. 2 minutes later it just started on pressing the button. Later, that evening I nipped out to collect a take away. I was in there for about 1 minute , came out got into the car and again no start - "Immobiliser, try again". This time I had to get recovered to home and then back to the dealer.
The fault would appear to be with the CEM or the wiring to it. I have rejected the car as it has a major fault and I no longer trust it. A shame as it was a great car to drive and finding another will be difficult as I won't entertain a diesel.

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm back. Despite my bad experience with the T4, I've bought another another V40. A late 2105 R-design T2 this time in a very bright Ferrari red. A lot less power but the maximum torque is at much lower revs so don't notice too much. A bit lower spec as well unfortunately. The adaptive cruise control, blind spot indicators and front parking sensors and heated seats were nice but I can live without them. I never trusted the park assist and had never used it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Park Assist works well,but as a truck driver I only use it to show people what it can do,if your a bit of a nervous Parker I can see the benefit,,never tried a model with Park in\ out.love heated seats it's a must have for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts