Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello. Picked up our new V40 R Design in Passion Red yesterday from Volvo Parramatta. Wonderful guys there - very helpful;)

Chat soon.

KatieJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats KatieJ
Thanks for the tip about Volvo Parramatta. So far I have been dealing with SVM at Lindfield, who have been helpful and knowledgeable, and without being pushy.

I am tossing up between the T4 and T5. I look forward to any feedback you have and what made you go for the R Design. In particular, how do you find passion red, which, is one of the colours I have shortlisted?

·
Registered
630 Posts
VolvOz said:
Congrats KatieJ
Thanks for the tip about Volvo Parramatta. So far I have been dealing with SVM at Lindfield, who have been helpful and knowledgeable, and without being pushy.

I am tossing up between the T4 and T5. I look forward to any feedback you have and what made you go for the R Design. In particular, how do you find passion red, which, is one of the colours I have shortlisted?
Choosing a car colour is a very personal thing. I like a bright solid red for two reasons. Firstly it's very visible to other drivers, both when being driven and when parked. Secondly, being a solid colour it's easier to match (in my opinion) in the unfortunate event that it does get damaged. I'm not bothered whether a car colour is aesthetically pleasing ~ but that's just my personal opinion and I don't expect anyone else to think the same way!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just a word on the passion red, which mine is, and I love it. Never had anything other than black or silver since about 1986!
However 1 month old and it is looking a bit dirty - the grime shows up on the boot certainly, so have your sponge ready....

·
Registered
718 Posts
robathome said:
Just a word on the passion red, which mine is, and I love it. Never had anything other than black or silver since about 1986!
However 1 month old and it is looking a bit dirty - the grime shows up on the boot certainly, so have your sponge ready....
I use a mitt ( http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/flexipads-merino-wool-wash-mitt-cat3.html ) like this with a copious flow of water. No swirl marks at all, and I don't get cold hands :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another wash mitt fan here, though I find the lambswool ones last better :) Buy a decent drying cloth too and avoid chamois leathers like the plague :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Please, post some pics if possible. I ordered a Passion Red today, and hope that I've made the right colour choice. I haven't seen a Passion Red Volvo in the flesh, so I made the decision "blind".

·
Registered
26 Posts
KatieJ said:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello. Picked up our new V40 R Design in Passion Red yesterday from Volvo Parramatta. Wonderful guys there - very helpful;)

Chat soon.

KatieJ
Hi Katie - presumably that's the T5? I'm also in Sydney and have just ordered one. How do you find it rides on our Sydney roads? I've just sold my C30 T5 (which my wife found intolerable to ride in) and I'm hoping that the V40 is a little more, errr, supple.

Really keen to hear your views generally on the V40 as you run it in.

Kieran

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have decided to go for the white this time. I have always had a metallic colour on my other cars but fancied a change. Looks good in the R Design.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds good - saw one in that colour just the other day and thought it looked great. I haven't seen a single V40 on the roads in Sydney yet - though I did in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago. My T4 should arrive mid July so looking forward to that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just brought a D4 Lux in passion red, second one on the coast. Can't believe there aren't more red ones out there. Great colour

1 - 13 of 13 Posts