1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the link. I've been waiting for a review of the new T5 specifically in the V40 and it certainly looks to be good news. Also in the review was a link to a similar short test drive of the new D4 V40 and it also was very encouraging. Looking forward to details of the Australian spec V40s with the new engines. Looks to have been worth the wait.

Tony

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True.

I did read that review, but not very intently, as I am more biased towards the petrol engine (because I do not do high mileage anymore).

And that's the reason why I am still taking my time deciding whether to just live with my current car for a little while and see what Volvo will be doing with their engines for the rest of the range over the next 8-12 months.

I'd love to buy one today, but there are lots of factors that need to be taken into account.

But as you say, these reviews are encouraging :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a V40 D3, should I have waited?
Well, as you have mentioned in your other post, you don't seem to be too fussed with the gearbox as it is. Volvo has not made any indication of when the rest of the range will get these new gearboxes - a year ? Two ? Three ?

It's a really hard decision to make when there is no information.

I think, one way to do this is, those of us who like the rest of the car and want one now-ish, could just buy the car and live with this gearbox for a year or two or whatever, until the one we really want comes into the market ? Then get that one, and live happily ever after ? :p

The existing gearbox is not a dog in any way at all, just not as smooth as maybe the best ? But then, Volvo seem to have made progress, and as long as the rest of the car is good, then for me, personally, I could do the above.

Reactions: Gambit

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I am glad I have the first year model V40 D3, have the 5 cylinder, and the engine sound is awesome. Don't think the new engines will sound so cool.

Reactions: Gambit
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.