Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are all these new v40's then.

i havent seen another one apart from mine on the road yet!!!

Volvo 154

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've seen a few around Reading and South Oxfordshire, but none in Vibrant Copper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you think the new V40 is selling well? It had quite a stretch target of close to a million cars.. i wonder what its tracking to right now since the competition in this segment is fierce! Golf Mk7, A Class, A3, and in a couple of months the new GTI, S3.. and not to mention downsized (1.5t/1.6t)3 series & c class...phew..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Globally i don't know...But concerning my country (Greece), seems that there has been covered by far the percentage of selling V40's that Volvo had "reserved" for the Greek market.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same here. Had my car 3 months, travelled 3,600 miles. And the only other V40 I've seen was at the dealers. Nice to be driving something rare :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not seen another one yet (in the UK). My dealer seemed happy with initial sales but I guess Jan/Fen tend to be slow and it will be March when we may see them on the roads.

I think it is stuck a bit in the middle between the premium brands 1 series/A3/A class and the Astra/Civic/Focus in terms of its marketing pitch and price. Straddling the lot in terms of pricing (and perhaps competence if not desirability) is the Golf which I suspect is going to be a huge seller.

I got a discount and free credit etc on the car, just 1 month after launch. Not a great sign for confidence in bouyant sales?
I can assure nothing was being oferred by Audi or Merc on their new babies!

Bruce

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, In the Manchester area I've seen one other V40. When I collected mine the dealer said they'd sold 14 and delivered 10. One that was awaiting delivery was a panoramic roof and they are hoping for March for that one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here in Belgium, I see several V40's driving each day. In my town alone there are at least 4 other people driving a V40, and on the way to work, I see some more each day :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Have travelled over 5,000 miles now and my count is at just 2! Passed my second V40 last night, it was travelling north on the Lower Harpenden Road near Luton at 18:20ish, road was badly lit but could clearly see it was Flamenco Red.

·
Registered
48 Posts
V40 was #6 in November and #7 in December on list of best selling cars in Finland. I drive past my local Volvo dealer several times a week and sometimes take a quick look to check if they have new V40s. There seems always to be 4 - 5 cars waiting to be delivered. Surprisingly I still haven’t spotted more than 5 other V40s on the roads yet. One of them belonged to a real estate agency and had a nice looking custom orange paint scheme.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since looking out for V40's on the road from around mid-November time, I've seen 3. One on the M6 in The Midlands at the beginning of December, one in Central Manchester on New Year's Eve and I spotted the photocopier maintenance lad drive off in one as I peered out of my office window also in Central Manchester last week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
volvo154 said:
Still waiting to see my first in the Chester area, Cheshire
I would of thought, that at some point from Mar 1st, you might see a certain rebel blue one on the roads :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
4 V40's of varying spec around Northamptonshire that I've seen, haven't seen another R-design or Titanium grey though. Other V40 drivers always looking our way with a faint smirk :) We know how lucky we are! Hehe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kind of slim pickings in Denmark too. January and feburary I only spotted 3 different V40's, but here in March the number have increased impressingly. Guessing that many have waited to spring, to get their cars delivered. The dealer told me, that the sales were pretty good, actually better than predicted.

·
Registered
719 Posts
We went on a drive over to Salisbury today, from near Portsmouth. Kept a lookout for other V40s, but only saw one in the residents parking area in the cathedral grounds. Hens teeth comes to mind.
There may have been one or two on the other carriageway of the motorway, but they would have been difficult to spot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
18 Participants
wizzy
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing