Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Really useful forum, picking up my D2 SE Lux next week, its an ex volvo management car and is loaded to the roof with extras, almost everything except TV and Pano Roof. Done under 5000 miles and paying just over £22k - considering its over £30k new I reckon its not bad. Seem to be a few of these high spec ones about now. Ok, it wont be brand new but can live with that. Its Biarittz Blue with Blonde leather. Just got everything crossed that it will be as reliable as my V50 Drive - only new car I've ever owned in 20 odd years that has never been back to the dealer with any issues and I've previously had VW, BMW (appalling considering it was a brand new X5), Merc and various Land Rovers.

Like others I'd considered A3 and Golf, A3 too expensive and Golf is so dull and boring - I looked at a white GT in our dealers and it was just far too plain looking plus Volvo seats are just the best on a long journey.

See how I get on

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don't worry too much about it not being brand new. You got it at a fantastic price and they are still very rare. Had mine 3.5 months and still haven't seen another one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds awesome! Make sure to post some pics when you get the car. You’re right about the seats. They are extremely good also in V40.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my V40 today and just done a 240 mile trip home - really impressed with the car so far. Really does feel as good quality wise as the A3/Golf and looks so much better, a real step forward from my previous V50. There was a D3 Cross Country in the showroom which looked really nice but it was over £28k and not nearly as well equipped as mine. Going to take me a while to figure out how everything works! Will get some pics tomorrow in daylight.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yellowbelly said:
kiter said:
Got my V40 today and just done a 240 mile trip home ............
Does that mean you have to travel a 480 miles round trip to get it serviced etc.?
Thankfully no, local dealer (Arnold Clark) is about 10 miles away - they just had a 'couldnt give a stuff attitude' as it wasnt a new one I wanted and their demo with more miles and less kit was £2k dearer. It was a long day but the salesman at Parks of Ayr was very thorough - took me out in the car for half an hour to explain all the features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
kiter
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing