Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm hoping to be ordering a V40 D4 R-Design soon.

I've been given a demo for 48 hours (R-Design Lux Nav) and I'm loving it. but I have a few questions:-

Wipers - Do they not return to the 'home' position when you turn the ignition off. this demo the wipers just stop.

Seat's - What's the flappy bit at the front for ?

Toby

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have an SE Lux, that has the following actions but imagine the same applies.
If you kill the power available by turning off the ignition, then there is no power to park the wipers. Turn the wipers off normally, and they self-park as expected. There is also a 'winter park/service position' in order to be able to remove blades, and also allow them to be gently moved away from the glass in order to defrost or clean the glass.
The flappy bits on the front seats are actually useful pockets - think phone, coins, small paperwork etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup, mine behave the same as above.

How do you put the wipers in service mode?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bridstowe, thanks for your reply.
I can understand that and coming from a 3 year old Astra that when you turned off the ignition they self-park as well as the wife's car, I pursumed the V40 would do also.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wiper service position - turn off ignition, within 3 seconds move the right stalk switch up, and hold it in position for approx 1 second. The wipers will then move to standing up the screen. They will automatically return to normal parked position when you next start the engine. It's in the handbook, but I can't remember which page, sorry.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think your car's are maybe the exception - every car I have ever owned has left the wipers exactly where they were when you kill the ignition; not that I can think of a reason why you would but how would you stop them on the screen if you wanted to ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.