Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , my car went in for it's first service last week and all went to plan, however since I have had it back I have noticed something when I unlock the car which I am pretty sure wasn't there before I put it in.

Basically how many 'clunks' do you hear when you unlock your V40?

I am pretty sure before the service there was one 'clunk' but now if it has been sitting for a while like in the morning or after work in the evening when I unlock the car there is 2 'clunks' if I lock and unlock straight away I only get the one and if I leave it for a few minutes and try and unlock I also get one but it seems to be if left for quite a while I get 2 'clunks' on unlocking.

The dealer could only think that it would have something to do with the setting which unlocks the driver door first but I said it would do it every time then.

Anybody else get 2 'clunks' when unlocking their car?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Mos
I also hear 2 clunks when I unlock my V40, I was thinking it was the front doors unlocking followed by the rear doors unlocking.
Neil

·
Registered
382 Posts
As I put my comp bag in the back of the car everyday I can confirm that the first clunk is the front door and then followed by the back. If you try to open the back door too quickly it won't open. By releasing the handle it then opens correctly. Try it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Mos,
If I unlock I hear 2 clunks, But the second clunk (rear door) is about 5 seconds after the drivers door has unlocked. It's the same if I repeat the operation again. Neil

V40 D3 LUX WITH NAV 17INCH SEGOMO WHEELS IN FLAMENCO RED.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The second noise that you hear after 2-3 seconds does not come from the rear doors. There is not any delay for the back doors as far as I think. The second comes from the unlock of the fuel tap. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK.

Neilp thanks for the input. I have now done a bit of playing around and have discovered you and imafudd seem to be correct the second clunk is in fact the rear doors unlocking because if I catch the back door handle before the second clunk it will not open. HOWEVER....it does not take 5 seconds as you suggest it is more like 1 second between the clunks and also unlike you if I lock and unlock straight away it does not happen again, there is definitely only one clunk.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Moss, when I leave the car for any length of time the second clunk is only a fraction of a second behind the first one. The time delay of 5 seconds is when I was repeating the process in quick succession. No matter which way I do it I have two clunks.
Eugen that's an interesting point I will check it out tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.