Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello' i have a v40 cc automatic 2014
when stopping the car to a complete stop, i feel an uneasy after movment, as if the car stops twice. it is a very unplesent fealing. do you has any suggestions what it could be? i am afraid its a clutch problem.
thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
hello' i have a v40 cc automatic 2014
when stopping the car to a complete stop, i feel an uneasy after movment, as if the car stops twice. it is a very unplesent fealing. do you has any suggestions what it could be? i am afraid its a clutch problem.
thanks
Do you mean when you come to a complete stop and the start stop kicks in (before the car is at 0kmh/mph), and it appears you brake harder than you did before, because the engine is off and no longer trying to pull against the brakes? Yep, this is normal...I've learnt to just when I can 'feel' the engine cut off, I release some pressure on the brakes...else it feels (to the passengers) that you 'don't know' how to stop properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean when you come to a complete stop and the start stop kicks in (before the car is at 0kmh/mph), and it appears you brake harder than you did before, because the engine is off and no longer trying to pull against the brakes? Yep, this is normal...I've learnt to just when I can 'feel' the engine cut off, I release some pressure on the brakes...else it feels (to the passengers) that you 'don't know' how to stop properly.
sorry but its not the case/ i turned off the start/stop. the problem continues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts