Volvo V40 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
V40 2016 R-design - Osmium Grey
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The reduced guard function where no alarm is fitted simply disables the deadlocking
I just double checked and I have no 'reduced guard' option but I do have deadlocking :unsure:
Volvo can be very confusing sometimes🤦‍♂️:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just double checked and I have no 'reduced guard' option but I do have deadlocking :unsure:
Volvo can be very confusing sometimes🤦‍♂️:confused:
Then as someone said above it probably doesn't have one, I have no mention of dead locking but they mention the reduced guard, it's so you can set it without the ultra sonic sensors set. Such a shame and a pointless money save.

·
Registered
288 Posts
All V40s were either built in Belgium for European markets, or Malaysia for Oceania and Asia. But individual vehicle specifications will vary according to the country or region they are being manufactured for.

I once attended a meeting where a representative from a "premium" German car manufacturer showed us nearly 200 differences between apparently identical cars built for the UK and other Western European markets, all from the same factory.

Several years ago I was also aware of a situation where a UK businessman had connived with an employee of another German car manufacturer at their factory in Malaysia, to illegally purchase and import several hundred cars from that factory to the UK and sell them as new at knock down prices. Being visually identical to UK models they sold like hot cakes, but owners subsequently found that neither the manufacturer or their UK dealer network would support them. The cars were so different from UK specification in so many ways that the UK dealers had no information for servicing or obtaining parts, and certain parts were unavailable here either from the vehicle manufacturer or aftermarket. The manufacturer wouldn't give UK dealers access to the information because as far as they were concerned the cars should not have ever been in the UK and were illegal for use here for various reasons including emissions and key remote frequencies, amongst others.

According to the V40 handbook, all cars with deadlocks even if not fitted with an alarm should have a reduced guard menu in My Car settings, so that the deadlocks can be either disabled for a single occurrence, or deactivated altogether as an owner preference. If the car also has an alarm, deadlocks will be deactivated whenever the internal movement sensor is also disabled.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts