Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the little beauty this morning (had to get a train and a tram to the garage, which I didn't mind today of all days).

Only had a little drive, to work although I did take a detour (nipped home to show my wife who wasn't in), so clocked about 60 miles.

It's lovely, well worth the reasonable wait (November 16th - January 8th), I'm sure there will be photographs in the Owners Garage thread before the weekend comes and goes.

Although I've had the manual PDFs since before Christmas there is so much to familiarise myself with.

Hope others are enjoying theirs or don't have much longer to wait.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats and enjoy, look forward to the pics. I have a long 5 week wait remaining unless it gets moved forward.:huh:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congratulations..

Alwasys nice to see a fellow Passion Red bringing some colors to the roads ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats Splashman, looking forward to the pictures

maybe you can change your profile pic from the Vauxhall badge now? only it brings me out in a cold sweat...

It reminds me of the time I had an accident with a massive spanner when doing up the rocker cover on my old Honda CB100 (bear with me). I was 18 at the time, by some fluke the spanner slipped and smacked me in the face. Blood everywhere I staggered into the kitchen and collapsed on the floor. My brother drove me to Lister hospital in Stevenage in our old brown Vauxhall Chevette, it had an intermittent electrical fault which meant it would occasionally stop without warning when it got warm. I was really impressed when it gave up outside the entrance to the hospital car park, at which point, blood still pouring from the deep cut on my lip, I had to get out and push the car across the car park and into a space. Never had so many swear words entered my vocabulary...
It got worse in A&E, the doctor said 'I could fix that now, or you can wait around for a couple of hrs for someone to give you an anesthetic and then you'll need to come back to get it stitched'. I chose to get it stitched there and then without an anesthetic, bad decision, it was extremely painful. I only needed 2 or 3 stitches, but because it was my top lip I could feel the thread tugging through my skin as he stitched it up. Think slow motion body piercing with string and you won't be far off. I don't think it would have been any more painful if he had been stitching my man vegetables back together.
As a result I'm now psychologically scarred when it comes to Vauxhalls... just the sight of the badge is enough.

I bet you are going to keep it now just for a laugh!:huh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
louisdoberman said:
Congrats and enjoy, look forward to the pics. I have a long 5 week wait remaining unless it gets moved forward.:huh:
Thank you. Practically another week disappeared for you already :)[hr]
MichelR said:
Congratulations..

Alwasys nice to see a fellow Passion Red bringing some colors to the roads ;)
Thank you, I've been getting some admiring looks. I've not seen another V40 out there yet.[hr]
raytint said:
Congratulations ! Enjoy ! (and remember, at your signature : not "on order" any more !:)
Thanks and well spotted, have changed now :)[hr]
Andytech said:
Congratulations.
Cheers, 200 miles so far :)[hr]
London_2012 said:
Congrats Splashman, looking forward to the pictures

maybe you can change your profile pic from the Vauxhall badge now? only it brings me out in a cold sweat...

It reminds me of the time I had an accident with a massive spanner when doing up the rocker cover on my old Honda CB100 (bear with me). I was 18 at the time, by some fluke the spanner slipped and smacked me in the face. Blood everywhere I staggered into the kitchen and collapsed on the floor. My brother drove me to Lister hospital in Stevenage in our old brown Vauxhall Chevette, it had an intermittent electrical fault which meant it would occasionally stop without warning when it got warm. I was really impressed when it gave up outside the entrance to the hospital car park, at which point, blood still pouring from the deep cut on my lip, I had to get out and push the car across the car park and into a space. Never had so many swear words entered my vocabulary...
It got worse in A&E, the doctor said 'I could fix that now, or you can wait around for a couple of hrs for someone to give you an anesthetic and then you'll need to come back to get it stitched'. I chose to get it stitched there and then without an anesthetic, bad decision, it was extremely painful. I only needed 2 or 3 stitches, but because it was my top lip I could feel the thread tugging through my skin as he stitched it up. Think slow motion body piercing with string and you won't be far off. I don't think it would have been any more painful if he had been stitching my man vegetables back together.
As a result I'm now psychologically scarred when it comes to Vauxhalls... just the sight of the badge is enough.

I bet you are going to keep it now just for a laugh!:huh:
Ouch! haha I changed it straight away as your story was putting me off my lunch.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you got your avatar at 70mph so the 'rozzers' don't have you for speeding....haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They go faster than 70 Louis? :-0

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This morning on my way into work I saw the only other V40 so far, it drew past me on the A34 in Cheshire. I'm not certain of the colur as it was still pretty dark but somewhere in the silver/blue range.

The driver looked suitably smug ;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a D2 by me in white which looks great; but this is the only one I have seen on the roads. I cover around 250miles per week and I am happy that there not yet 10 a penny. When I walk my dog, I always make sure I walk pass the owners house on the way back just incase it is outside (is that sad or what???). I bet that when I eventually get mine, so will every Tom, Dick & Harry and I will loose the exclusivity :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
louisdoberman
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing