Volvo V40 Forums banner

Only a couple of weeks more..

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob tucks 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Due to a sad and terminal breakdown of our previous Honda Accord, we started searching for a nice and affordable private-lease car. Options were another (smaller) Honda or a Ford Focus. After surfing a bit more we stumbled upon the new V40 and the Focus and Honda suddenly weren't that interesting...

So, after exactly one more night of thinking about it, on December 11th we decided to order a new V40.

Specs:
D2
Summum
Titanium Grey metallic
Full charcoal black interior
Intro Line (incl PAP)
Security Line
Driver Support line
IAQS
Volvo On Call
Electronic adjustable driver seat with memory function
Heated seats in front
Automatically darkening rear view mirror
Rubber floormats

Since the Driver Support Line was quite expensive, we actually did spend some more time thinking about that. The ACC however did convince us to go for that line as well.

Production is planned for week 4, delivery one week later, and pickup another week later.. Hoping our V40 will be produced early in week 4 so that the delivery date will be early week 6!

Hope to learn much about our new Volvo on this forum, even before we get to pick it up at our dealer.

Regards,
Jon

See less See more
#2 ·
JonvdPloeg said:
Hello all,

Due to a sad and terminal breakdown of our previous Honda Accord, we started searching for a nice and affordable private-lease car. Options were another (smaller) Honda or a Ford Focus. After surfing a bit more we stumbled upon the new V40 and the Focus and Honda suddenly weren't that interesting...

So, after exactly one more night of thinking about it, on December 11th we decided to order a new V40.

Specs:
D2
Summum
Titanium Grey metallic
Intro Line (incl PAP)
Security Line
Driver Support line
IAQS
Volvo On Call
Electronic adjustable driver seat with memory function
Heated seats in front
Automatically darkening rear view mirror
Rubber floormats

Since the Driver Support Line was quite expensive, we actually did spend some more time thinking about that. The ACC however did convince us to go for that line as well.

Production is planned for week 4, delivery one week later, and pickup another week later.. Hoping our V40 will be produced early in week 4 so that the delivery date will be early week 6!

Hope to learn much about our new Volvo on this forum, even before we get to pick it up at our dealer.

Regards,
Jon
Hi there Jon, Just wondering what your specs are as we do not have them detailed as that in the UK.

Security Line ?????
Driver Support line ?????
IAQS ?????

Also, once the car is on the production line, is it only a week to manufacture the car??? I have been told that I can no longer make ammendments after the 4th Jan to my order, then I collect the car 11th Feb. Seems a lot of time in between :(

#3 ·
Hi Louis,

I'll try to be more complete. You do know the differences between Kinetic, Momentum and Summum?

Security Line contains:
Keyless Drive
Class 3 alarm

Driver Support Line contains:
Blind Spot Information System incl Cross Traffic Alert and Lane Change Merge Aid
Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake, Pedestrian Detection and Adaptive
Cruise Control with Distance Alert
Driver Alert en Lane Keeping Aid System including active High Beam and roadsign information.

IAQS is Interior Air Quality system. It monitors incoming air and when there's too much toxic fumes in it, the car will automatically switch to air circulation.

Our dealer showed us a pdf file on his pc that indicated in what week, what car was made (week 4 was reserved for D2). He told us that the car would be in Leeuwarden one week later. I do know that the last change was possible up untill last week, so they probably start manufacturing and ordering parts and only assemble in the stated week? That shouldn't take long I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.