Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 2 tough months of debating in my head various cars I have finally ordered a V40

Others I looked at where the A3 sport line, Mercedes A220 AMG, and the Golf GTD

I tried several and quickly decided that Auto was the way to go. lots of stop start traffic etc. This dismissed the Audi as the 184psi engine only comes in Quattro form which is expensive and and not as efficient.

The heart said Mercedes the Head said Golf, and the Volvo was an outsider.

Having previously had a Golf (MK4) it was time for something different. The Merc came out about £50 more a month. (the head is still screaming Golf)

Managed to track a dealer with a D4 engined demo but in Manual guise. due to traffic was only a brief test drive. But they also had just in a geartronic version so was able to have a quick play in that.

Mercedes allowed me 5 hours in the A220 AMG so had a good play in that. Very nice comfy and a nice place to be. All the reviews say its a harsh hard ride. I find it just right but then I have always had sporty cars. and what do you expect from an AMG?

So after lots of changes of mind I have plumpt for the for a V40 R Design Lux with geartronic box in black.

Drivers pack, sports pack and winter pack along with 18" alloys.

Order has been placed with Lex and just need manager to approve the order.

now I just need to wait patiently hopefully not too long a wait

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't want to disappoint you but I placed an order on 19/6, manager approved same day, and still waiting to receive it. They have it since 20/9 and they'll deliver it on 07/10. I asked for earlier delivery and they told me if I want to go and collect it from Swansea!

·
Registered
156 Posts
He is away until 6th October. Lex just called to say Volvo are putting prices up on 1st.
So need to find another manager tomorrow.
How much are they putting the prices up by?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Lex just called to say Volvo are putting prices up on 1st.
Hmmmm... I wonder if that's why my dealer wanted to register mine 30th Sept ?

Logbook has landed but still no sign of car ha ha, that's a first for me !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.