Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation, I've placed my order for a V40! Got a great deal from Holdcroft Volvo in Stoke on Trent - based on this offer but with various changes http://www.holdcroft.com/volvo/volvo-v40.php

Thank to the help from you guys in my earlier thread and two test drives I ended up with:
Volvo V40 D3 R-Design in Red with Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Auto Wipers, High Performance Multimedia.

It should be delivered in October and I can't wait! This is my first new car (all my previous cars have been 6months-1year old when bought) so it was nice to finally pick the exact spec I wanted.
Any advice for a new car owner, especially a new V40 owner?

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Any advice for a new car owner, .............?
Remove the wheels and smear copper grease on the wheel mounting face and on the corresponding face on the hub, and on the spigot diameter. This will prevent corrosion of the wheel and hub faces, and make it easy to remove the wheels at a later date. Order a spare locking wheel bolt key.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have today placed our order for V40 cross country D2 6sp manual in raw copper and should ready for collection at end of November. We are looking forward to getting it,

·
Registered
630 Posts
Order a spare locking wheel bolt key.
I've just remembered ~ I don't think you can order a spare wheel bolt key on its own. The only way to get another key is to order a kit which contains a new set of 4 bolts as well. You then have to get the original bolts cut off. So don't lose the original wheel bolt key!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Delivery

Just received my Volvo V40 R Design D2 in Titanium Grey today;)
I played around with the electronic toys, hoping not to refuel for a month !!
Lovely and smooth and goes very well - Cheers Bobby the D.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just received my Volvo V40 R Design D2 in Titanium Grey today;)
I played around with the electronic toys, hoping not to refuel for a month !!
Lovely and smooth and goes very well - Cheers Bobby the D.
Expect your first few 100s or 1000 miles to be heavy unless you doing fair amount of motorway. I can already see the difference in mine, she has just done 1000 miles past weekend. First tank I got 350 miles, then second tank 390. Now on 390 miles and still just less than a 1/2 tank to go, calculated range still 140 miles. Mine is definitely starting to loosen up at last :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts