Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice! when should it arrive? also whereabouts are you from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I ordered my v40 d2 automatic 3 weeks ago.
Business model. Black with tinted windows.

I'm from Finland too and what really grinds my gears is that the dealer only gives a delivery estimate and we can't track our order online like people in the UK(?) can.

Delivery estimate is end of 10/2014. Really hoping the car to arrive before November so I don't have to spend extra money on those tire pressure sensors that become mandatory on cars registered after 1.11.2014.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats T-Man.
Based on your delivery estimate I guess mine will be delivered somewhere at end of November.
By my opinion these compulsory tyre pressure sensors are stupidity. If you like to have them thats perfectly okay for me but to force them by law. Are we so helpless that we can't check our tyre pressures ourself.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi,
I ordered my v40 d2 automatic 3 weeks ago.
Business model. Black with tinted windows.

I'm from Finland too and what really grinds my gears is that the dealer only gives a delivery estimate and we can't track our order online like people in the UK(?) can.

Delivery estimate is end of 10/2014. Really hoping the car to arrive before November so I don't have to spend extra money on those tire pressure sensors that become mandatory on cars registered after 1.11.2014.
You're not missing anything. The online portal doesn't really give much info and apparently it only gets updated at the last minute. Fat lot of good that does!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats T-Man.
Based on your delivery estimate I guess mine will be delivered somewhere at end of November.
By my opinion these compulsory tyre pressure sensors are stupidity. If you like to have them thats perfectly okay for me but to force them by law. Are we so helpless that we can't check our tyre pressures ourself.
No, but a **** of a lot of people are too lazy and incompetent to do it - especially here in the UK I'm sad to say. It's a shame they're not compulsory here - would save lives and pollution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, but a **** of a lot of people are too lazy and incompetent to do it - especially here in the UK I'm sad to say. It's a shame they're not compulsory here - would save lives and pollution.
Yes that is sad truth but still I think people should be responsible by themselves about their doings and things they leave to undone. Well this has now turned to societal and there is also more important things in world like cars ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Don't know if the Volvo tyre deflation system is anything like Honda's but they do not actually measure the pressure of every tyre.

They merely monitor the rotation and see if there is a differential in one of the tyres, if all are low it would not error !

Agree what you say about lazy ar$e people not keeping up to the pressures (I do) but such a system would not notify them of such, or infact if they were stupid in any other way too ;)

The other aspect is surely in scandanavian countries you run the pressures a little lower in the snow ? So you don't want alarm bells ringing on every journey

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer informed me yesterday that they have received my car and it is there weitting for me. I did ask from our comppanys leasing department how to proceed and they told me that for contracual issues it needs to wait untill my current leasing contract ends in December. Now just waitting to time pass by, hmmm...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did hesitate a lot when choosing colour with car to be ordered. Finally choise was between chrystal white and ocean blue. Acually I almost decided to have as a colour whithe. Reasently I did see one V60 in crystal whithe and it really looked good so now I did go to dealer to see how ocean race blue looks on my car (as they didnt have one when I place order). This blue it looks stuning good!! It is much better color in live than in pictures or illustrations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered my V40 D2 Aut Ocean Race in the first week of October.
As im a buying it myself will take delivery of it in January as it will then be a true 15 model.
Ocean Race blue outside
White(beige) inside
Heater
Digital instrument
Towing hook
Winter tyres

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.