Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I test drove the V40 D3 & D2 Lux's at weekend, and I've ordered myself a V40 SE Lux D2 Powershift in Ice White with 17" Segomos, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors & Camera, and the TFT Screen.

Now I just have to wait for it. October delivery.

Looking forward to joining the V40 club!

One question though, how do you guys find the turning circle? Seemed a bit big to me.

Still, not a deal breaker, too many positives to let that put me off!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, glad to hear it, maybe it was just a narrower road than usual!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, I was going to go for the 18" Midir but changed my mind, didn't want the expensive tyres!

·
Registered
85 Posts
AKD47, have a look at the sagomo wheels on my D3 it's the flamenco Red in the photo Gallery reg FY14.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Nice, welcome to the board

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Neilp, they look nice! I do like them!

Thanks VoodooBOB, now I just have to wait for the car. It's been 3 days of 11 weeks and it's unbearable :(

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
11 weeks, that is a long wait

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard some people had a 12 month wait with BMW or Mercedes so I suppose it's not too bad. I tried to get the dealer to get it in sooner, he said he may be able to swap the slot with one of the dealership cards but now I've signed on the dotted line...I doubt he'll have any real incentive to get it in quicker. :(

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Hand brake turns :)

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bah, it's not October yet. -_-

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is also planned about second week of october. Guess that in the second half of october the forum will explode in "just taken delivery off..." posts :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I think that the train is probably due to come over around then, and then it'll be distributed amongst European dealerships. Annoying but worth the wait hopefully!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Turning circle is HUGE! Good thing is that the silky-smooth gears slip into reverse so easily!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I initially liked the a-class (mag spec) when I got in it, a low seating position and stick ride reminded me of my 1series msport I had back in 08 so it was looking good.

However the 180 was too slow and the 200 emissions put the company car tax up more than I could justify to myself (it is supposed to be a cheap a 2 b car in addition to my other cars)

I then looked at spacing it up to a decent (Dennis) level, I was shocked how poorly spec'd the standard top spec car was.

The fake iPad also did my head in so I quickly ruled it out.

I hope you enjoy your V40

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.