·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but delivery only in October! :(

R-Design T5 with PLUS pack
Panoramic roof
Passion Red

Went into dealer today, to see a 'Rebel Blue' R-Design that arrived today. One look at that colour, and decided that it was not for me!

Now the long 6 month wait for delivery to Cape Town...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey congrats! I've also just ordered a T5, but in Ice White. I didn't go for the Panoramic Roof, as I don't like that it opens from the back. I got keyless entry/drive, heated seats, IAQS and the "Driver Support" pack.

Now, waiting for August to come... I wonder why you have an October wait? mine is apparently only now "being made to order", so presumably the same for you? And Cape Town can't be 2 months further to ship than Sydney, surely!

Good luck with it.

texosteve said:

Panoramic roof
Passion Red

Went into dealer today, to see a 'Rebel Blue' R-Design that arrived today. One look at that colour, and decided that it was not for me!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kdg123 said:
I wonder why you have an October wait? mine is apparently only now "being made to order", so presumably the same for you? And Cape Town can't be 2 months further to ship than Sydney, surely!
I don't understand it myself :) Dealer said that there are "no slots" available and that they can only input my order into the system in a month or two... :huh:

We only have T5 and D3 engines available for R-Design in SA.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was told there is a full factory downtime month in April, so no orders can be finalised until the plant opens again...true or not, I have no idea! They also said that sometimes a 'spec change slot' comes free on the production line where they can slot in new orders...again, this may have been marketing speak to get us to order there and then :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just received an email from my dealer: my order will be placed on Monday! I'm so excited about this, finally almost 2 months after paying the deposit.

No idea when delivery will be though, they said possibly by end of October...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey congrats! I've also just ordered a T5, but in Ice White. I didn't go for the Panoramic Roof, as I don't like that it opens from the back. I got keyless entry/drive, heated seats, IAQS and the "Driver Support" pack.

Now, waiting for August to come... I wonder why you have an October wait? mine is apparently only now "being made to order", so presumably the same for you? And Cape Town can't be 2 months further to ship than Sydney, surely!

Good luck with it."

As far as I know the panoramic roof does not open at all. Where have you heard it opens from the back?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think he means the internal liner on the pana-roof opens from the back forward to reveal the glass section.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

Panoramic roof
Passion Red

Eish, want to swop :p

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
If you spec your car, and they have to order, 4-6 months waiting period. Or you take what is available. Heard there are no new models coming to SA before August September, so what is on the country is in the country.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I know the feeling, if I want something, I want it now, lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I placed my order and paid a deposit in April. Dealer said that my R-Design T5 would only arrive in South Africa in October.

But I've just received this exciting email from them:

I have great news for you!!

Your car is on the water, will be docking this month, and head office will release it to us as soon as it has docked!

We have however had a 1% price increase, it has gone up by R3,900 from R402,100 to R406,000. I have reworked the numbers, see attached.

All being equal, you could take delivery at the end of August. (don’t hold me to it, I will however try my best!)

I shall keep you posted.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I placed my order and paid a deposit in April. Dealer said that my R-Design T5 would only arrive in South Africa in October.

But I've just received this exciting email from them:
Wow they increased the price after you ordered ?!? At least they honour the price at order over here ....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, this is the second price increase since I ordered. There would have been another 1% increase next month, if it hadn't been delivered yet :(

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Eish, I will tell them sorry, if I already paid the deposit and signed the contract at the price they gave me in April, then they must give it to me at that price. Some dealerships push their luck.

I saw a nice blue T5 R-Design up here in JHB at a dealership on Saturday, had sunroof in. Looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Have you signed am Offer to purchase, check the contract to see if they have the right to increase the price? My dad (you can see how a lawyer thinks) says there will probably be something in the contract stating this for all cars being imported from overseas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Once I heard from a dealer that the price was fixed according to the production date, rather than
the date of order or delivery. I would call volvo in SA and ask about this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Offer to Purchase has this clause:

Notwithstanding the
insertion of the Purchase Price on this Offer, you undertake to pay
the list price (ie. the manufacturer's recommended retail price) that
may apply at the date of the delivery of the goods to us by the
manufacturer.
But, I'm happy to pay the relatively small increase to get my hands on such an awesome vehicle!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've just heard from the dealer that my R-Design will be ready on Friday afternoon! I am incredibly excited. This will be the best car I've ever owned.

Only 2 more days to wait!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Just drive safe in that nasty weather you guys have at the moment, you don't want to prang your car on the first day. Anyway, enjoy. Hope you have better luck with your V40 than I have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts