Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a flying visit to the dealers last week I have signed for my car today.

I have got:
R Design D3 in Rebel Blue
Winter Pack
Rain Sensor
DAB Radio

I was told the radio was an optional extra on a 2013 car but not sure now as someone on here thinks it is included in the UK spec.

I have the car booked in at a tint studio for limousine black tints around the back for a bargin price of £120.

I have ordered this one as i want to get out of my 2012 BMW 116i sport for differing reasons and was lucky to come across this car in 'stock' with a massive discount. It is a 2013 car and i have been told it will be ready to pick up on Thursday or Friday next week, so only 5 days to wait.

I can't wait to get hold of it and take it for a real drive

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have got:
R Design D3 in Rebel Blue
Winter Pack
Rain Sensor
DAB Radio

I was told the radio was an optional extra on a 2013 car but not sure now as someone on here thinks it is included in the UK spec.
Congrats on your purchase. Nice spec.

The DAB radio is standard on the MY14 spec cars (manufactured after April 2013). Sounds like the one you've got may be one of the last MY13s if DAB was an option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your purchase. Nice spec.

The DAB radio is standard on the MY14 spec cars (manufactured after April 2013). Sounds like the one you've got may be one of the last MY13s if DAB was an option.
Thanks, is there a way of finding out if it is a MY13 or MY14, or do I just need to look for the date of production?

Are there any other differences in the 2 year models?

Thanks again

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm not sure but the dealer should be able to tell you. It was documented on here somewhere when the official production switch-over date was and there's even a youtube vid of it occurring.
Some of the changes are the loss of keyless start on SE and Lux models. TFT dash on R-Designs going tri-colour instead of blue for all modes (That'll be an easy way of telling what you've got - If all 3 screen modes are blue you have MY13) DAB radio standard, D2 manual emissions down to 88 from 94g/km, addition of auto box option on D2 models, lowered chassis standard on D2 R-Ds, T2 added to range. There may be more but those are the main ones I can remember.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been told that it has tri colour dash, that's where you can have the speedo 3 different colours so I presume it is a MY14.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep - so you're DAB is fitted standard. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, I'm just waiting for an email in the morning with some registration numbers that I can pick from so I will double check then.

Thanks again

·
Registered
382 Posts
my13 or 14

My tft is only shades of blue but I have Dab radio (Dab1 and Dab 2). I actually don't know how to find which version of software I have! I think there are many variations out there.

I also have a whistling air con fan. Not very musical though!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked the car up today an all I can say so far is nice drive, different to the BMW and May take a while to get used to. Hoping to take it for a decent spin this weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts